The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is looking for an Electronic Technician B - Range Communications to support our government customer located in Kekaha, Hawai'i.
Independently or under minimum supervision and assignment from Lead Technician, will provide contracted operational and maintenance support services to the Pacific Missile Range Facility (PMRF) customer. Electronics Technician responsibilities encompass, operating, maintaining, troubleshooting, repairing, calibrating, modifying, testing and installing telecommunications systems and associated networking components and cabling.Technician should be experienced in telecommunications technologies for voice, video and data systems or their industry equivalents that are assigned to PMRF communications facilities and assets.
DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets-up, checks-out, operates, monitors and maintains systems and equipment for Range Operations support. Responds to evolving operational environments requirements when directed.
- Performs periodic inspections and maintenance tasks in accordance with published procedures and/or OEM guidelines. Documents results of all maintenance actions in systems and equipment records.
- Troubleshoots and repairs systems/equipment by reading and interpreting electronic/mechanical schematics and using simple and complex test equipment, as well as the operation of network management platforms.
- Install, check-out, and or bench test, calibrate and perform acceptance tests on new and relocated systems and equipment, as directed.
- Prepares monthly system reports, preventive maintenance logs and other logs or reports reflecting day-to-day operations.
- Assists in preparing and developing new procedures, procedural changes and modification proposals.
- Installs, checks, calibrates and performs acceptance tests on new and relocated systems and equipment as directed.
- Perform Communications Security (COMSEC) functions including accounting, loading, and destruction and courier services for classified cryptographic materials and items.
- Maintain Telecommunications Inside Cable Plant and Major Battery Back-up Systems.
- Occasional travel for operations and maintenance support at other locations throughout the State of Hawaii to include at sea for extended periods
- Electronics shop environment.
- Operations Command & Control Center
- Travel to and work at remote site locations to include at sea for extended periods.
- Must be able to lift and carry, install and remove electronics and peripherals up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb elevated towers and work in sub-floor area and crawl spaces in performing maintenance inspections and troubleshooting tasks. Must be available for occasional travel for operations, maintenance and installation support at other locations throughout the State of Hawaii.
- Physical elements of the position include: Walking, sitting, standing, crawling, kneeling or working in cramped spaces, repeated stooping or frequent stair climbing, Customer Contact, Extended workday, Confined work area, Field assignment sometimes in inclement weather.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent2-year technical school
- AS Degree in related field or equivalent training, e.g. 2 Year Technical School or Navy "A" school with either school specializing in Basic Electricity and Electronics Systems.
- Soldering certificate or equivalent training inclusive within curriculum of a technical school such as a Navy A school or from a commercial firm.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain the certification requirements with DOD 8570.01-M and an Operating Environment Certification commensurate with contract requirements. DOD 8570.01-M certification is mandatory within 60 days of employment for continued employment. Certification within the required Computing Environment must be obtained within 6 months of employment.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five years of progressive experience in a related field with a minimum of two years experience operating and maintaining communications and networking systems and equipment.
- Radio Frequency (RF) to include but not limited to Transmission & Antenna systems for Ground Radio, Microwave, Satellite, and other associated telecommunication technologies.
- Telecommunications Inside Cable Plant, Main and Intermediate Distribution Frame and Cable Record keeping.
- Major Battery Back-up and power distribution system experience desired.
- Must be able to use and interpret the results of test equipment used in telecommunications, video and networking fields such as O-scopes, RF Power meters, Analyzers, Voltage multi-meters, Bit Error Rate Testers (BERT), Time Domain Reflectometers, Toners/Tracers
- Basic Electricity & Electronics theory and applications with emphasis in telecommunications and network troubleshooting and repair.
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting schematic diagrams for troubleshooting and repair.
- Must be familiar with OSI 7 Layer model.
- Windows based OS and LINUX platforms
- Must possess the following PC skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point & Windows.
REQUIRED CITIZENSHIP AND CLEARANCE:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Secret security clearance is required. (Applicants selected either must currently possess a Secret clearance or will be subject to a Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to obtain clearance prior to commencement of employment, and maintain a security clearance for access to classified information or Closed/Restricted Areas throughout duration of employment.)
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries. Eligible employees enjoy a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 11 paid holidays.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. If you are a person with a disability and you need an accommodation during the application process, please click here to request accommodation. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, K?pono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, K?kaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com.