The Engineer is primarily responsible for engineering support of the Reliability applications, processes, and the associated data and solution integrity. This includes supporting State Estimator functionality in the PJM, SPP and ERCOT regions as well as other reliability tools used in Transmission Operations. On the support aspect, the engineer will focus is on monitoring and addressing data/model quality issues and on maintaining acceptable solution quality in support of Real-time system reliability. The engineer will also be in in charge of continuous capital and overhead work modeling in the State Estimator.
The engineer will be part of 24x7 On-Call support staff rotation in order to provide non-stop support to the System Control Center; this means that during the time they are on-call they are expected to be available and respond.
Experience in Energy Management Systems, system reliability & grid operations, planning and modeling is a plus. The engineer will be troubleshooting and analyzing EMS power flow solution iteration results and work with various other applications used in the daily reliability and operations of the electric grid. The engineer will assume modeling responsibilities for an assigned area in accordance to CLIENT's capital and O&M work plan. Electrical Engineering background required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Technical Expertise: Possesses knowledge and performs varied assignments with proficiency in the application of theory and analytical techniques to solve diverse problems and complete extensive analysis. Demonstrates competency in analytical techniques necessary to handle assignments of moderate complexity. (e.g., by dividing the problem into component steps, and performing the analysis necessary to complete each step). Exhibits ability to understand interrelationship between systems and component equipment. Demonstrate ability to analyze and recommend enhancements to business processes.
- Leadership & Guidance: Follows policies, practices, standards and rules of the company and those regulations and procedures required by external agencies. Provides training and guidance to lower-level employees.
- Problem Solving & Initiative: Resolves and initiates solutions to routine problems which usually require additional definition/clarification before analysis can begin. Demonstrates ability to identify problems that are beyond the normal routine. Demonstrates ability and desire to seek out opportunities and embrace new ideas and approaches.
- Communication: Develops, reviews, or presents technical reports and analyses in a clear, concise and effective fashion.
- Interpersonal Skills: Is an active team member. Networks with peers inside and outside the CLIENT system. Identifies key stakeholders. Uses informal network to get things done. Resolves conflict, builds consensus.
- Decision Making: Makes decisions subject to review within established policies and procedures. Makes decisions that affect the work of the team. Aware of risks. Demonstrates the ability to extrapolate beyond known facts to reach logical conclusions.
- Business Awareness & Characteristics: Understands CLIENT's organizational structure and the specific role and responsibility of their individual organizational unit. Demonstrates an understanding of the budgeting and approval process. Is proficient in the application and use of economic analysis techniques in problem solving. Develops an understanding of utility regulation and financing.
Electrical Engineer Associate:
This is an entry level position for new graduates with a bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET*
Has typically acquired 2 or more years of related engineering experience along with a bachelor's degree in engineering in a program accredited by ABET*
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering in a program accredited by ABET*; Individuals with a master's degree in engineering from an engineering program accredited by ABET* may be considered for entry into the organization at this level.
*ABET - Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology. Acceptable alternatives are (1) a bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET), plus a Professional Engineers (PE) license in any state of the U.S. or (2) a bachelor's degree in engineering (non-ABET) plus a master's degree or PhD in engineering from a university with an ABET accredited bachelor's program.
Apply now! BHI Energy's Talent and Placement Specialists are waiting for your application.
BHI Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. BHI Energy is a federal contractor that requests priority referrals of protected veterans. BHI will provide reasonable accommodations for the application process and during employment necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions. If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with BHI Energy, please email ESC@bhienergy.com providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you.