The Network Engineer 3's primary duty involves design work, specifically designing a tailored solution in order to meet a specific client request. This position frequently anticipates problems and analyzes ways to mitigate the risk, as well as articulate the business value and impact of advanced technical and non-technical information and understands when to escalate issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides effective production support including accurate problem identification, ticket documentation and customer/vendor dialogue.
- Documents small-to medium-scale projects and delivers presentations with minimal supervision.
- Dissects complex situations and refocuses on critical technology tasks.
- Must have a high degree of technical expertise/professional mastery to recommend process improvements.
- Is often consulted by peers and seen as the informal leader on tactical problems.
- Provide Level 3/4 engineering support for the corporate enterprise network.
- Verify hardware/software requirements, design and configure Local Area Network/Wide Area Network, Data Center Network and/or Voice Network Technologies.
- Perform network equipment provisioning, equipment configuration, installation, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Supports network technologies and provides a high level of user support.
- Maintains current professional and technical skills.
- Keeps abreast of current and emerging technologies, how they integrate and drive value for Huntington.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is available for hybrid.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 5+ years of design and implement network solutions
- Cisco systems, router, and switches
- Bachelor's Degree
- Cisco iWAN/SD-WAN(Viptela) vManage, vBond, vSmartCisco Routing and Switching platforms and software (ISR, ASR, Nexus, Catalyst product families)Secure Access Services Edge (SASE) Secure Web Gateway/Zero Trust Networking Architectures (ZTNA) (iBoss, zScaler, etc)Cisco Wireless Controllers and Access Points
- Cisco DNA Center, Cisco Spaces
- Network Protocols and services (TCPIP, RIP, EIGRP, IS-IS, OSPF, OTV, L2/L3 VPN, BGP, MPLS, DIA, L2TP, IPSec, NAC, DNS, Multicast, QoS, 802.1p/q, DMVPN, Spanning Tree, etc)
- Familiarity with Automation technologies (ansible, scripting, etc.)
- Familiarity with Monitoring/management tool (Zenoss, LiveAction, etc)
- Familiarity with ServiceNOW (CMDB, Incident, Change, Problem modules)
- Advanced understanding of business technology drivers and their impact on architecture design
- Advanced understanding of performance and monitoring
- Proficient in more than one specific infrastructure technology
- Advanced understanding of best practices and HNB policies
- Advanced troubleshooting skills
- Technical certifications, CCNP preferred.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal) and ability to work both independently and in a group.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize. Self-directed and accountability
Additional Job Description:
The EDGE Site Services Network Engineer's primary duty involves design and delivery of network solutions. Specifically designing a standardized network designs to meet the requirements of a Huntington Corporate Office, Campus, Branch or Mortgage office. This position also participates in the development of network and design standards, partnering with risk, security, and various other engineering teams on a frequent basis.
Exempt Status: (Yes = not eligible for overtime pay) (No = eligible for overtime pay)
Huntington is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position