The Division HR Manager is the people and culture consultant for their assigned client group responsible for leading talent management and engagement practices, as well as associate relations and administering HR policies and procedures through others. The purpose of this position is to closely partner with Resort Operations leaders ensuring culture, engagement, and talent management aligns with MasterCorp’s values, guiding principles, and organizational objects. This position will be the “go to” for people side of the business within their assigned client group.
This role will cover the following territories: VA/MA/NJ/MD/PA/MI/WI. Our ideal candidate would be based in the DC/MD/VA area but we are open to any of the areas listed with the expectation on travel within the territory. Bi-lingual in Spanish is REQUIRED to be considered for this position.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration with a concentration in Human Resources; Masters preferred or equivalent combination of work experience and education.
- SHRM/SPHR/PHR certification a plus
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience consulting leaders on talent and performance management, leadership development, culture/engagement, and generalist responsibilities; experience on a multi-site level and familiarity with all local/state/federal regulations for assigned division.
- Experience conducting employee interviews and managing investigations.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) with the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with associates.
- Demonstrated excelled problem-solving skills.
- Well versed in assigned division state(s)’s labor laws and regulations.
- Must be located within division supported.
- Proven skills of flexibility and adaptability to manage multiple projects and manage remote direct reports, while maintaining focus on critical HR processes.
- Capable in a matrixed reporting relationship, balancing Operations priorities while upholding HR standards.
- A solid understanding of HR metrics such as retention, turnover, time to hire, etc.
- Accomplished in leading a team and being a member of a team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate management of the HR function within the division by utilizing sound judgment when making HR related decisions.
- Proactively encourage and promote MasterCorp’s People Proud values and behaviors; champion People Proud activities and events in conjunction with site leaders.
- Lead talent management processes within assigned client group, partnering with operations leaders to implement best practices designed to improve organizational performance
- Consult operations leaders on best practices for increasing associate engagement
- Partner with operations leaders to diagnose local and regional culture using various internal metrics
- Facilitate training and development programs.
- Ensure that all federal, state, local laws, agreements, and corporate HR-related compliance matters are proactively managed.
- Lead associate relations issues while developing and maintaining a reputation for being a neutral party - responds to calls, conducts investigations, gathers statements, personally or through others, and reviews findings with the Division Director.
- Maintain associate relations call log and/or associate hotline for the assigned territory within the Division.
- Work collaboratively with HR personnel in support of unemployment, worker’s compensation, leave of absence, and benefits.
- Respond to, coaches and counsels Managers on employment and performance related issues and assist with the Performance Management Process.
- Review Counseling Notices (CNs) prior to issue and ensures that CNs are properly documented placed in the associate’s file.
- Conduct HR site visits to ensure HR processes and initiatives are in place.
- Attend weekly Regional calls.
- Conduct exit interviews, as necessary.
- Run, review, and distribute HR reports by Region as directed.
- Maintain high-quality HR standards as it relates to HR metrics, implementation of policies and procedures.