We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Data Operations to lead and audit our organization's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data ingestion processes. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data management, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to strategically optimize Data Operations for maximum efficiency and accuracy. The Ideal candidate will implement new processes & programs that enable the organization to better utilize its industry leading connected marketing platform and to ensure the broader adoption and success of its existing data lake & data warehouse platforms. Ensuring operational excellence is the cornerstone of this position. In this role you will be responsible for the delivery of day-to-day processes and procedures that ensure client satisfaction and data operational integrity.
- Conduct a comprehensive audit of current 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data ingestion processes.
- Identify and solve systemic, organizational-wide problems, influencing, and building strong relationships.
- Identify areas of improvement, inefficiencies, and potential risks in data onboarding, ingestion, and monitoring.
- Identify and capitalize on improvements to data accuracy, coverage, and performance through internal technical processes and third-party relationships.
- Develop, refine and manage end-to-end project plans, capacity planning and allocation of shared resources through JIRA, ensuring on-time delivery layering internal team stakeholder feedback to meet project plan goals.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to establish and enforce data quality standards.
- Implement best practices to ensure accurate, reliable, and timely data ingestion.
- Driving communication and translating non-technical to technical (and vice versa) requirements and discussions to internal and external teams (including public-facing communication).
- Work closely with senior leadership to develop and execute a strategic plan for optimizing Data Operations.
- Provide insights and recommendations for enhancing data management processes.
- Lead a team of Data Operations professionals, fostering a culture of excellence and continuous improvement.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to team members to enhance their skills and capabilities.
- Evaluate and manage relationships with 3rd party data providers to ensure compliance with data quality and security standards.
- Negotiate and establish service level agreements (SLAs) with external partners.
- Collaborate with the compliance and security teams to ensure data privacy and regulatory compliance.
- Implement measures to safeguard sensitive information throughout the data lifecycle.
- Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies related to Data Operations.
- Help evaluate and implement new tools and technologies to enhance data ingestion efficiency.
- Help establish key performance indicators (KPIs) for Data Operations, implementation and regularly reporting on performance metrics.
- Drive, Test and Implement monitoring systems to proactively identify and address data quality issues.
- 6+ years of experience in product operations or technical program management.
- Advanced understanding of Jira, Scrum and Agile methodologies and can bring a critical lens to existing processes to refine and enhance ways of working
- Proficient understanding of 1st, 2nd and third-party data ingestion processes.
- Demonstrated experience within the programmatic and ad tech ecosystem.
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in a relevant field (e.g., Computer Science, Data Management).
- Experience in auditing and optimizing data ingestion processes.
- Knowledge of user needs, gathering requirements, and defining scope.
- Proven track record of delivering complex programs of data driven transformation with demonstrable impact in Data Operations and data quality management.
- This role requires leadership and business acumen with both strategic and tactical skill sets
- Communication experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products.
- You enjoy solving complex business problems at the core of the digital transformation of a world-leading media company
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- In-depth knowledge of data governance, data quality, and data security principles.
- Familiarity with relevant tools and technologies in the data management space such as ETL , Data warehousing, and project management systems such as Jira
If you are a strategic thinker with a passion for data excellence and have a track record of successfully optimizing Data Operations, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to shape the future of our data-driven organization.
Horizon Media is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
$160,000.00 - $190,000.00
A successful applicant's actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, skill sets, experience and training, licensure/certifications, and equity. As an organization, we take an aptitude and competency-based hiring approach. We provide a competitive total rewards package including a discretionary bonus and a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, company paid holidays and unlimited paid time off (PTO), mental health and wellness resources, pet insurance, childcare resources, identity theft insurance, fertility assistance programs, and fitness reimbursement.