At Pacific Science Center, our mission is to ignite curiosity in every child and fuel a passion for discovery, experimentation, and critical thinking in all of us. Our colleagues are passionate lifelong learners who live our mission every day. Each of us commits to bring an inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA) focus in every aspect of our work. Join our collaborative team and help steward our warm, welcoming, community-learning environment at PacSci.
As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences. Data shows that women and BIPOC candidates more frequently do not apply to a job because they don't feel that they meet all of the qualifications listed. If you have some of the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and you share PacSci's values and support our mission, we encourage you to apply.
Position Title: Development Operations Supervisor II
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Pay Class: Full-time Regular
FLSA Status: Salaried Exempt
The Development Supervisor is a key part of Pacific Science Center's Development function. This role a leader in ensuring the fundraising activities of PacSci are professional and data driven through accurate and transparent data management. This role will be responsible for a range of Development related data projects and data governance activities. As the department's Tessitura power user, the position is responsible for gift entry, acknowledgement, donor benefit fulfillment, reporting, and list management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Development department with functionality, configuration, reporting and list management in the Tessitura database, Prospect2 marketing tool and other reporting tools.
- Collaborate with the Information Systems and Development teams to define business rules and procedures in the Tessitura database and general data governance. Serve as the Development Department's representative to the Tessitura Business Owners Group. Ensure proper training for all Development Team members and ad hoc assistance related to fundraising activities in the database.
- Prepare and distribute standard and custom reports to assist the Development team in the analysis and planning for successful fundraising efforts. Support the team in list preparation and management for cultivation events and major campaigns such as Calendar Year End, fundraising event, GiveBIG, and Fiscal Year End.
- Supervise the Development Coordinator by assigning administrative support tasks, providing training, and giving feedback.
- Ensure all contributed revenue transactions are processed within one business day of receipt of funds. Liaise with gift officers to clarify any donor restrictions and the Finance team to properly code.
- Ensure acknowledgements for each gift are delivered within two business days by preparing data, merging, customizing language, printing, distributing for signatures, documenting in Tessitura, and mailing.
- Ensure all eligible individual and corporate donors receive entitled benefits by creating and updating memberships in Tessitura and including related collateral (member cards, etc.) in mailed acknowledgement package.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to reconcile contributed revenue, prepare for audits, and ensure policies and procedures for the management of donor funds.
- Other duties as assigned, including participation in department and organization-wide meetings.
Position Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Familiarity with key fundraising principles and best practices
- Common donor database functions
- Familiarity with fast-paced fundraising departments
- Highly organized
- Mastery of fine detail, eye for efficiency and strong service orientation
- Proactive, assertive, resourceful, collaborative, adaptive work ethic
- Active listening skills, creative problem solver
- Adept at Microsoft Word (mail merge) and Excel
- Work well with others including Science Center patrons, donors and team members while embracing diversity and exceptional service to all
- Be flexible and thrive in periods of both stability and transition
- Communicate well with others both verbally and through written communications; can write concisely and professionally
- Be private and discreet as this role will entail regular exposure to confidential information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel; prior experience with donor databases
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3 -4 years administrative support experience; experience with a development team preferred
Pacific Science Center mandates that all new hires and employees must have the COVID-19 vaccination. Reasonable accommodations will be made for those who cannot get the vaccine due to health reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs. COVID-19 policies are subject to change without advance notice based on updates to local, state and federal guidance.
This position description generally describes the principal functions of the position and the level of knowledge and skills typically required. It does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and it is subject to change as the needs of the employer and the requirements of the job change.
Pay is based on several factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and years of experience.
Starting Base Salary Range: $65,000-$70,000/year
In addition to base salary, regular employees working 40 hrs/week can expect the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, basic life insurance, and disability insurance
- 4 weeks of vacation, 12 floating holidays, and sick pay
- 403(b) Retirement Savings
- Commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee PacSci Membership
Pacific Science Center stands with those who are courageously fighting against hate, racism, and injustice. We recognize that not being racist is not sufficient. We must be actively anti-racist, and we commit to doing so. We prioritize inclusion, diversity, equity, and access in everything we do. Curiosity and critical thinking are essential to the dialogue and changes that need to happen.
Pacific Science Center complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact us at HRDepartment@pacsci.org.
- Job Family Development
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $65,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $70,000.00