Catholic Charities is a non-profit organization with a diverse workforce of over 2000 employees of all faiths, ages and ethnicities who help to improve the lives of those we serve. We are the largest private provider of human services in Maryland operating over 80 programs throughout Maryland, serving children and families, people living in poverty, individuals with intellectual disabilities, immigrants, and seniors. Here, you can build a career where you make meaningful differences in the lives of others as we fulfill our mission to love, serve, teach and work for justice.
Catholic Charities of Baltimore is currently seeking a Development Coordinator, Major Gifts who will be responsible for assisting with projects associated with the needs of the Chief Development Officer (CDO) and Director of Major Gifts. Focus will be on stewardship, reporting and solicitation efforts of the agency’s major donors. Position will also coordinate activities associated with the agency’s Leadership Breakfast campaign. The work schedule is Monday – Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm (Hybrid).
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works independently under the general direction of the Chief Development Officer & Director of Major Gifts, arranges appointments with key outside stakeholders and developing written correspondence, exercising considerable discretion and judgement as needed. As a representative of both the CDO and Director of Major Gifts office, develops and maintains a good working rapport with all internal stakeholders and external Board Members and Donors.
- Responsible for developing and preparing meeting materials including presentation materials and reports, as requested by Development leadership staff.
- Coordinates all activities supporting the Leadership Breakfast campaign – to include reporting, volunteer call sheets, volunteer correspondence from the CDO, solicitation packets and events.
- Assists with the reporting and high-level data needs of the Centennial Campaign.
- Supports efforts associated with legislative activity including RSVPs and staffing for Catholic Charities Day in Annapolis, as well as assisting with proposal development information and briefings.
- Administers and manages all aspects of in-kind donations, such as the Vehicle Donation Program. Processes gifts and acknowledgements for these gifts, as well as all necessary IRS reporting.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Marketing or a related field and three years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess the ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment in generating and preparing documents and reports.
- Must have previous experience providing support to multiple managers performing a diversity of tasks.
- Requires the ability to utilize computer systems and software necessary to perform position functions. Basic Windows PC, web browsing (i.e. Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.), and Microsoft Outlook skills required.
- Other Microsoft Office application knowledge, such as Word, Excel PowerPoint, Skype, and OneDrive desired.
Catholic Charities has a COVID Mandated Vaccination policy for all employees, which includes an exemption process.
We offer a wide range of benefits to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees including but not limited to:
- Vacation/sick/holiday pay
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with a discretionary employer contribution
Join Catholic Charities of Baltimore where you will be an important member of an trauma-informed care organization that promotes a culture of safety, empowerment, healing and self-care, and that believes that every person has infinite worth and promise.
Catholic Charities is an equal opportunity employer