CANDIDATE MUST BE A US CITIZEN
Responsible for resolving HPE hardware and software infrastructure (servers, network, security, etc.) issues using systems analysis techniques and procedures in support of HPE customer’s data centers.
Must have your own transportation.
Must be willing to travel from customer to customer when necessary.
Mileage/Tolls/Parking (if any) will be reimbursed using Federal rate(s)*** This does not cover any parking tickets, or any other violations that may be incurred.
Must be able to work overtime if you are in an installation or rack/stack event.
Must be able to work weekends with advanced notice due to a customer installation schedule.
Tasks include, but are not limited to:
• Analyzes, troubleshoots, and resolves issues within IT infrastructure including HPE Enterprise systems, servers, storage, and networking.
• Understanding of a Data Center IT Operations environment and the knowledge to use software tools to perform day-to-day functions and
• Able to perform high volume/low impact tasks in an efficient and knowledgeable manner.
• Provide installation and or break/fix support including component replacement, hardware troubleshooting, and operating system installation.
• Able to proficiently perform data center support tasks with little guidance.
• Demonstrate hands-on practical knowledge of systems and policies.
• Operational management tasks including, working to resolve escalations, and clearing blocking issues to enable continued delivery of datacenter support activities
• Must have a basic understanding of Storage theory, Server layout and Network concepts.
• Must have mechanical aptitude and ability to follow procedures to make component level repairs using ESD best practices.
• Requires good understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job.
• Must be familiar with using different computer applications and be able to navigate software tools as required by task at hand.
• Must possess professional written and verbal communication skills
• Must be organized and able to document daily activities
• Must maintain successful communication and working relationship with management & peers of all levels.
• Teamwork and interpersonal skills
• Must be willing to work outside of standard business hours and weekends.
• Must be willing to travel for out of state projects.
Education and other requirements:
• Experience with pallet jack and data center server lifting tools is a plus. Must be able to lift to 40 lbs.
• Ability to operate manual and power hand tools
• 3 – 5 years of technical experience and a Associates Degree or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study; without a degree, two additional years of relevant professional experience (5-7 years in total).
• Linux, Virtualization and Windows Server experience a plus
HPE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO HIRE CANDIDATE AFTER 90 DAYS.