BDG, the Design Center arm of Floors, LLC is seeking a Design Consultant that will work with new homebuyers in selecting their interior finishes for their new home. This is an exciting experience for our clients but can also be a little overwhelming. As such, the design consultant is responsible for creating a positive, welcoming and innovative experience for the homebuyers. The design consultant will work with the homebuyers in assisting them with the color selections and options for interior finishes of the home. Flooring, cabinetry, countertops, lighting, appliances, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assess homebuyer(s) needs, preferences, and expectations regarding their lifestyle and specific products for their new home
- Advise homebuyer(s) on interior design factors, such as space planning, layout and color coordination
- Ensure that homebuyer(s) is aware of all options available for product upgrades
- Provide complete product information detailing performance, durability, and maintenance of homebuyer(s) selections
- Accurately record product selections using established department procedures, systems, and practices
- Assists in resolving homebuyer(s) problems and/or concerns
- Supports all design center and homebuilder processes
- Is knowledgeable and able to communicate the design center experience and the overall new home buying experience
- Will be working closely with sales reps at all communities…building relationships
- Learn and is knowledgeable about all products in the showroom
- Learn and is knowledgeable about all communities
- Assist with approval coordination between homebuyers, reps, and customer service
- Adhere to and manage builder time frames for lot file submission
- Conduct browse appointments when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor and/or direct "customers" of the process
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support personnel or professional personnel.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES This position carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company guidelines, policies and procedures, and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 2-5 years' experience in related field
- Interior Design Degree is a plus, but not required
- Demonstrate professionalism
- Service oriented
- Have a sense of urgency to meet deadlines
- Demonstrate initiative
- Multi-task and set priorities effectively
- Attention to detail
- Strive for excellence
- Possess a positive can do attitude
- Flexible and adaptive to change
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information, inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data
- Proficiency in MS Office programs
- Understand sales metrics
- Payroll experience a plus, but not required
- Thorough understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at computer monitor for extended periods throughout the day.
- Must possess the ability to stand for extended periods of time; to reach with hands and arms; to move among and between offices; to handle mail and documents; to sit, stoop, kneel and crouch; to lift and move up to 10 pounds; to see well enough to discern differences in quality of documents and files.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General working conditions
- Office environment
- May have to meet tight deadlines
- Health Insurance (Medical, Prescription, Dental, and Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays and Time Off
- 401(k) Plan with company matching
Artisan Design Group is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees. It is the policy of Artisan Design Group to apply recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and professional development practices without regard to actual or perceived race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or certain classifications based on genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.