Track Group is a global leader in providing end-to-end location monitoring and complimentary app-driven solutions that combine real-time tracking devices and professional monitoring services with advanced data analytics. The current focus is delivering electronic monitoring products and services for the global criminal justice market.
Position Summary: The Database Administrator is a key member of the Network Operations team and is responsible for MS-SQL Server installation, configuration, disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance and monitoring of data. Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure the highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements. This is a "hands-on" position requiring solid technical skills as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In this role, the Database Administrator will interface directly with internal teams and customers as well as external vendors as needed and provide day-to-day operational and technical support for databases across the enterprise. Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the Track Group technology team. The Database Administrator reports to the Network Operations Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage MS-SQL Server databases across multiple environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Ensure uptime for mission critical systems and participate in rotating on-call coverage.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Refine and automate complex processes using SQL Agent jobs, SQL Server Integration Services, etc.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time.
- Develop and maintain complex SQL code and ETL processes that include process logging, data validation and integrity checks.
- Assist software developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement, participate in SQL code reviews.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Effectively document and communicate database changes/issues/risks to the appropriate Track Group stakeholders, partners, and vendors.
- Respond to, troubleshoot and resolve/escalate issues in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor. Duties and Responsibilities are subject to change based on business needs.
Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. In some cases, substantial, relevant experience may be substituted for this qualification.
- 5+ years of Microsoft SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Advanced level SQL development and tuning skills (T-SQL and SSIS).
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience with Microsoft Reporting Services (SSRS).
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MS-SQL Server.
- Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills with ability to review trends/patterns and identify issues.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch between different activities.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to integrate and communicate clearly and easily with other team members, as well as end-users at all levels.
- Experience with Azure SQL and related Azure database services is preferred.
- Familiarity with Red-Gate tools is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Generous amounts of time away from work to promote a healthy work-life balance. We offer unlimited paid vacation days in addition to observing 11 major holidays per year.
- Access to Medical, Dental and Vision insurances with a company contribution for you and any covered dependents.
- Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability Insurance and an Employee Assistance Program provided to you at the company's expense.
- Ability to contribute to a company sponsored 401(k) retirement plan with a company match on your contributions.
- Opportunities for growth along our clearly defined Career Path, including mentorship and leadership development programs to help you achieve all of your professional goals.