Data Engineer Databricks and PowerBI - SK7488
TechData Service Company, LLC
Lexington, MA 02421
Up to $60.00 per hour
Number of openings for this position
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
Data Engineer Databricks and PowerBI
Lexington, MA. Hybrid, 5 days 1 month, the rest as per needed
Duration: 10+ Months
Reporting to the People Analytics BI & Innovation Lead, and as a key member of the Global HR People Analytics team, this individual will be responsible for enabling the democratization of data within the people analytics team.
As a Data Engineer, you will play a key role in growing and transforming our people analytics data landscape. In addition to your strong analytical mind, you will bring your inquisitive attitude and ability to translate stories found in data by leveraging a variety of data programming techniques. You will leverage your ability to design, build and deploy data solutions that capture, explore, transform, and utilize data to support Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and business intelligence/insights.
Lead development of curated and automated datasets within databricks
- Creating documentation of current data landscape
- Building and maintaining data pipelines for the development, implementation, execution, validation, monitoring, and improvement of data science solutions
- Perform analysis of complex sources to determine value and use and recommend data to include in analytical processes.
- Incorporate core data management competencies including data governance, data security and data quality.
- Collaborate within and across teams (People Analytics and People Data Governance teams) to support delivery and educate end users on data products/analytic environment.
- Perform data and system analysis, assessment and resolution for complex defects and incidents and correct as appropriate.
- Test data movement, transformation code, and data components.
- Enhancing or automating existing manual updates & processes
- Oversee the launch and ongoing management of the TA Resource Hub
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE (A strong technical capability that is focused on databricks and data engineering. Organizational skills, attention to detail, a strong ability to partner, problem solve and recommend improvements is important).
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Knoledge in Databricks, PowerBI, programing languages including SQL, Python and PySpark, data principles including data pipeline, streaming data, data storage, ETL, data integration, database design
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Needs to be able to partner well with others and communicate effectively in order to set expectationsDecision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-soliving)Needs to be able to solve technical problems on their own, and ask the right questions. Needs to feel comfortable in raising potential issues and voicing ideas and concerns
- Interaction (The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)Interaction will mostly be within the people analytics team and people data governance team
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Needs to be able to offer up new ideas and improvements and sharing knowledge on best practices is important
Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Role will be focused and therefore most of the complexity will be around technical skills
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS: (List the essential and desirable education and competency requirements to perform the primary responsibilities of the job. Any minimum requirements should be noted.)What you bring:
- BS or MS in computer science or information system, software engineering along with work experience in a related field
- Databricks and PowerBI experience required
- Knowledge of data modeling, data warehousing, and ETL processes
- Anyone of Python/R/SQL/Pyspark Experience required
- AWS S3 Experience Preferred
- Alteryx Experience Preferred
- PowerBI or Tableau experience desired
- Excellent organization, communication and attention to detail skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Must work independently and be personally motivated
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience preferred
TechData is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.