This position will assist in the successful and cost-effective operation of third party data centers utilized by CBTS and its customers. This will involve technical operations, operating system administration, and hardware/software support for computer systems on a 24 hour, 7 days aweek basis. Responsibilities can also include support responsibilities necessary for a single or multiple business application(s) and/or an operations support system(s). These responsibilities include ensuring technical and operational performance, data integrity, and that operational business needs are met by the system.
- Perform administrative support functions on server and network equipment in the data center (65%)
- Scheduling and managing the completion of system maintenance (both hardware and software) by internal technicians and outside contractors (15%)
- Troubleshooting and support of client-server systems (20%)
- Vocational/Technical/Business school (6-8 months-specialized training)
- A+ Certification - Preferred
- Network+ Certification - Preferred
- 0 to 3 years of experience
- Experience with data center operations, development of documentation that is clear and concise, good technical background or training, experience with data center cabling; prior Help Desk experience preferred
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical skills and the ability to solve technical problems
- Working knowledge of hardware and software platforms, vendors, and products
- Teamwork, time management, and negotiating skills
- Project management skills and experience in organizing, planning, and executing information systems projects
- Data Center Secure Cage
No Supervisory Responsibility
CBTS serves enterprise and midmarket clients in all industries across the United States and Canada. CBTS combines deep technical expertise with a full suite of flexible technology solutionsincluding Application Modernization, Managed Hybrid Cloud, Cybersecurity, Unified Communications, and Infrastructure solutions. From developing and deploying modern applications and the secure, scalable platforms on which they run, to managing, monitoring, and optimizing their operations, CBTS delivers comprehensive technology solutions for its clients' transformative business initiatives. For more information, please visit www.cbts.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran, military status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Due to U.S. Government requirements applicable to foreign-owned telecommunications providers, non-US citizens will be required to submit to an extensive government agency background check which will necessitate disclosure of sensitive Personally Identifiable Information.