Red Knight Solutions is currently seeking a Data Center Support Technician in Mount Vernon IN.
This is a long-term opportunity that will pay $22.50/hour.
Our mission is simple: we want to partner with you to find the right position for your future. Our SWAT team approach is based on our ability to align your expertise with our clients' needs to forge long-lasting partnerships.
Our client is seeking a Data Center Support Technician that performs tasks related site cabling clean-up and tech refresh. Candidate may also need to replace networks racks and cabinets.
- Replacing End-of-Life Hardware
- Cable cleanup/ Cable dressing of all Network Racks and Cabinets
- Cable Termination (Cat6)
- Labeling of all cable Terminations between Devices e.g., Patch cables and/or terminating Devices
- Cabinet Replacements (Wall-mounted cabinets and/or Racks)
- Act as smart hands for New Site LAN & WAN Infrastructure installation or Relocations.
- Must have experience in new network builds.
- Support Local Engineer for New Technology Rollouts.
- Submit incidents and change requests.
- Ensure before and after pictures are taken and updated within site folder.
- Cabinet inventory ensuring UPS and PDU's are providing diversification.
- Over 4 Years of experience in Structured Cabling.
- Understanding raceway and conduit systems as per industry standards e.g. Low-voltage and/ or Fiber systems.
- Must be familiar providing console access for Cisco Network switches and other Network devices.
- Must be proven experience in replacing of Cisco network devices e.g. Cisco Switches and AP?s while adhering to proper mounting techniques
- Previous experience working with multiple vendors.
- Must be responsible a self-starter and manage time wisely.
- Must be Familiar with Microsoft Suite e.g., Word, Excel, Visio etc.
- Strong cultural awareness