At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch Our Story:' https://www.hdrinc.com/our-story'
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
Data Center Project Architect
HDR was ranked #1 among the "Top 30 Data Center Architecture + AE Firms" in BD+C's "2022 Giants 400" report - the list of the largest architecture, engineering, and construction firms in the United States. HDR is a leader in this emerging market and is a trusted partner to many of the top technology companies in the world.
As a Project Architect at HDR you will work on projects in a variety of sectors with a focus on technology and data center projects. You'll be working closely with the multi-disciplinary design teams, clients, and contractors throughout the United States. In the role of Data Center Project Architect, we'll count on you to:
- Have knowledge in technical design concepts, design management skills, digital technologies, and design workflow for Technology and Data Storage Structures
- Lead owner/client and internal meetings and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Manage and undertake design activities and the production of detailed documents required for construction
- Review architectural documents for areas of conflict with all disciplines
- Perform QA/QC and cross discipline technical reviews
- Write and edit architectural specifications
- Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with addenda, RFIs, CPRs and change orders
- Incorporate agreed-upon changes into project documents
- Provide construction observation and contract administration as needed
- Conduct work sessions at project site in conjunction with Client Representatives, Project Managers and other disciplines
- Perform other duties as needed
- Professional Degree in Architecture
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- Registered Architect
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule)
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and processes
- Strong knowledge of building codes, regulations and permitting
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture
- Willing and able to travel to project sites and HDR offices throughout the United States.
- Fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This position requires onsite client visits, and the client requires all contractors/consultants/vendors who work or visit the site provide current vaccinations for COVID-19.
- Master's degree in Architecture
- Demonstrated graphic presentation skills with knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, SketchUp and Blue Beam pdf editor
- LEED Accreditation with experience and/or interest in sustainable design
- 5+ years' experience of working on Technology or Industrial projects is preferred.
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.