Sabey Corporation is recruiting a Data Center Facilities Technician to join their team in Tukwila, WA! Why join Sabey? It’s one of the oldest and largest privately-owned multi-tenant data center owner/developer/operators in the world. Today, with three million square feet of mission critical space, their Data Centers continues to serve the world’s most exciting enterprises and institutions with customized data center solutions that are efficient, reliable, and quick to market. With this exciting opportunity, you will be responsible for the "hands-on" day-to-day operation of a 24/7 data center.
Another Source’s client, Sabey Corporation is recruiting a Data Center Facilities Technician to join their team in Tukwila, WA. Sabey Data Centers is one of the oldest and largest privately-owned multi-tenant data center owner/developer/operators in the world. Today, with three million square feet of mission critical space, Sabey Data Centers continues to serve the world’s most exciting enterprises and institutions with customized data center solutions that are efficient, reliable, and quick to market.
This is a night shift, 4-10’s schedule working Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday 10 pm – 8 am.
Is This Job for Me?
This position will be responsible for "hands-on" day-to-day operation of a 24/7 data center that includes administrative office space. The facility incorporates state of the art redundant power and environmental systems.
This position is responsible for performing basic preventive maintenance tasks, cleaning equipment rooms, troubleshooting on electrical / mechanical equipment, and operating building control systems.
Main Duties Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain project work plans, estimates, and schedules for a small project or multiple concurrent projects.
- Manage and document facilities work orders and customer service requests.
- Manage vendor activities, monitor progress to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Provide support for a variety of projects within the Data Center.
- Interact with Data Center Management, Property Management, and Staff on project efforts
- Develop and maintain operational process, procedures and as-built drawings.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing as required for customer interaction.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repairs on general facilities equipment.
- The candidate will be called upon to execute MOPs and EOPs, to participate in the training program, and other duties as assigned.
- Embody Sabey core values.
- Other duties as assigned.
What Will Make You Successful?
- High School diploma or GED required
- General facility maintenance and operations skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Microsoft Project
- Working knowledge of the English Language – ability to demonstrate written and verbal comprehension and expression
- Ability to respond promptly to on-call situations
- Excellent time management skills – ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Ability to work swing shifts and night shifts
- Ability to maneuver up to 50 pounds
- Ability to operate power tools
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate with all levels of Sabey employees, vendors, and contractors
Sabey offers highly competitive wages based on education and work experience. Sabey Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status, such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age.
Another Source works with their clients, on a retained project basis, to maximize the recruiting process. Learn more about Another Source at www.anothersource.com
Keywords: Key Words: HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical, Data Center, Operations, Preventative Maintenance, Info structure, Building Systems, Controls, Automation, Facility Technician, Building Engineer, Critical Environment, MOP/SOP