The Defense Enclave Services (DES) program supports a highly demanding mission and requires support from top technical and management talent to migrate common IT services for over twenty DoD agencies under a common platform. The successful candidate will play a key role in performing the discovery, design, and migration tasks in support of building a world-class Single Service Provider for the Department of Defense.
- Evaluate, design, and deploy the central components of data center facilities, including: power, cooling, physical security, floor space management, and cable management.
- Define monitoring and management requirements.
- Providing professional engineering advice to facility technicians, including design, planning, specifications, and operation of electrical and mechanical equipment, HVAC systems design and operation, as well as structural and architectural considerations in field locations.
- Providing guidance and recommendations to government management regarding engineering and facilities issues.
- Working in close collaboration with Network Engineers, Server Engineers, Cyber Engineers, Storage Engineers, Data Experts, and other key technical resources.
- Identify procurement and tracking of maintenance materials, safety supplies, and spare components.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable building codes and standards.
- Maintaining the inventory of buildings and installed systems, and establishing maintenance and replacement cycles.
- Performing facility condition assessments.
- Developing and proposing facility upgrade and replacement projects.
- Possess strong soft skills in the form of documentation and client communications.
- Able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors in cold, dry, high elevation environments.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience; additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Possess professional knowledge of Architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and fire protection engineering concepts and principles.
- Experience in asset reliability centered maintenance strategies that target preventive/predictive maintenance.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with management and staff to present, defend, negotiate, and clarify programs, decisions and recommendations.
- Field construction experience including managing changes, quality control, deliverables, redlining drawings, and other activities supporting work completion.
- Experience with procurement and material tracking.
- Current United States Passport, and valid Driver’s License issued in the United States.
- Proactively identify any unsafe conditions or hazards and communicate them effectively.
- Complies with applicable safety, environment, health, and waste management policies and procedure.
- Experience with resource loaded scheduling.
- Experience with fire safety systems including fire alarm systems and suppression.
- Experience with Data Center Infrastructure Management solutions.
- Must hold an active Secret security clearance. (US Citizenship required)