Data Analyst interprets data and turns it into information which can offer ways to improve a business, thus affecting business decisions. Data Analysts gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends. Once data has been gathered and interpreted, the Data Analyst will report back what has been found in a comprehensive study to the wider business/relevant colleagues.
This is a full-time (Monday - Friday) On-Site position that is located at our headquarters office in Columbus, Ohio at 4 Easton Oval.
Surge is a national leader with over 50 years of experience providing quality staffing and innovative workforce solutions. We take priority in building personal, long-term partnerships with our clients, and ensuring that each placement is the right fit. We are unlike other staffing agencies in that we take the time to get to know your company and its goals. Our national network has connected more than 122,000 employees on an annual basis and growing.
- Consolidating and analyzing various types of data, taking into account company's goals and financial standing
- Providing creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve performance
- Assembling and summarizing data to structure sophisticated reports
- Support the development of organizational goals by contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking, establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives
- Supports the establishment of strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies; designing systems; accumulating resources; resolving problems; implementing change
- Support the development organization prospects by studying trends and revenue opportunities; projecting acquisition and expansion prospects; analyzing organization operations; identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement; accumulating capital to fund expenses
- Additional duties as assigned including general excel work and reporting
- A bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics or Economics and/or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of analyzing datasets and comprehensive reporting
- Data Visualization skills preferred
- Excel skills required (intermediate or higher level)
- SQL skills required
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio experience preferred
- Data collection, data mapping, and relational database experience strongly recommended
- Ability to analyze large datasets
- Strong verbal and written skills
- An analytical mind and inclination for problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Defining new data collection, analysis, and streamlining processes
- Ability to develop (i.e., through teaching, training, e) the professional skills of employees strongly recommended
- Ability to analyze and evaluate people, data, and things to determine courses of action
- 1-2 years direct hire recruiting experience strongly recommended.
- Ability to effectively and tactfully deal with people
- Ability to shift back and forth between two or more tasks
- Ability to understand and accurately apply basic math skills
- Ability to make competent use of work-related equipment and materials
- Ability to access areas where needed people, information or equipment are located
- Ability to produce results within an instructional environment and have the flexibility to identify and respond to changes in priorities
Equal Opportunity Employer
Surge is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. Surge is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.