The DBA/ Data Engineer is responsible for the integrity of the data and the efficiency and performance of multiple integrated data platforms within the IT ecosystem. They manage data quality, application scalability, and system customization ensuring multi-platform infrastructure is reliable and secure.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Install, configure, and upgrade database servers
- Manage hardware requirements for production systems
- Plan and support database security as defined by system/security architects, etc.
- Plan and perform database migrations for better scalability and performance, etc.
- Respond to requests for data, requiring writing some ad hoc queries – like request for audit trail for some accounts, etc.
- Design, test and implement Disaster Recovery, Backup and Restore strategies, standards and scripts
- Maintenance and monitoring of database systems for optimal performance and availability
- Monitor jobs execution, and make corrective actions when necessary
- Monitoring replication and make corrective actions in case of problems
- Assist developers, network administration, and applications support staff in diagnosing and resolving database-related application problems
- Develop scripts to optimally perform procedures, functions and notifications
- Moderate experience in SQL performance tuning is required
- Create primary objects (tables, views, indices, keys), as required to support the requirements defined by the application support functions and system developers
- Architect and design of production database systems. Create objects (tables, views, indices, keys), as required by architects and implemented by system developers
- Provide tier 3 support to other IT team’s such as AppDev and Data Services
- Applicants must have Active Top Secret Clearance
- PostgreSQL experience required.
- Must have experience in PostgreSQL database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, shell scripting, PL/ SQL programming, catalog navigation, query tuning, system tuning, resource contention analysis, backup and recovery, standby, replication, etc.
- Must have strong knowledge of Linux and knowledge of shell scripting
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years of experience as a Database Administrator, Database Developer or Data Engineer preferred
TECHNICIAL SKILL & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Current TS/ SCI Security Clearance – TS Minimum, SCI Preferred
- Existing or ability to achieve Security+ Certification
- Familiarity with DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Enterprise DB Experience
- Ansible, Nexus, GIT, Python
- Working knowledge of container software architecture
- Oracle Database Experience
- PLSql, Postgre SQL
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related discipline preferred
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions at Zivaro, due to security clearance and government/federal contracts held by Zivaro.
ZIVARO fully subscribes to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to provide employment, compensation and other benefits related to employment based on qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. In accordance with requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is our policy to provide reasonable accommodation upon request during the application process to eligible applicants in order that they may be given a full and fair opportunity to be considered for employment. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we intend to comply fully with applicable federal and state employment laws and the information requested on this application will only be used for purposes consistent with those laws.