The COLSA Cybersecurity Test Team is searching for cybersecurity professional's to support the 47th Cyber Space Test Squadron and the United States Space Force (USSF) at Peterson Space Force Base in Colorado Springs. The Cybersecurity Test Team conducts security analysis and assessments on space systems supporting USSF to better understand cybersecurity vulnerabilities, characterize security risks, and make recommendations on corrective actions. The team works closely with Space Systems Command (SSC), Space Training and Readiness Command (STARCOM) and many system developers in Colorado Springs and around the United States.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment, learning new technology areas, this is the team for you. COLSA provides opportunities to advance your cybersecurity career and experience through on-the-job training, hands on testing, self-paced learning, and program and project management by working directly with experienced team members with many years in the cybersecurity field and professional certifications like CISSP, CASP, CISS-EP, CEH, OSCP and OSCE. If you have a technical cyber-background and want to learn more about cybersecurity testing, Risk Management Framework (RMF), and cyber testing space based systems this is the job for you.
We are looking for professionals with a cyber-background, technical experience working with information technologies like Windows, Red Hat, Cisco, Databases, DISA STIGs, STIG Viewer, ACAS, and other cyber security assessment tools with one or more cyber certifications in one of the listed areas and are highly motivated to learn the others. Position responsibilities can span from project management, compliance testing to penetration testing, depending on skillset.
This position provides cybersecurity support directly to the 47th Cyberspace Test Squadron at Peterson SFB, CO. This support includes the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Agent to the Security Control Assessor for multiple Authorizing Officials (AOs).
- Conduct independent compliance assessments, penetration testing, data collection, test automation, and reporting.
- Utilizing cyber test tools and developing strategies for cybersecurity testing in DoD, Air Force and Space Force systems.
- Perform system security analysis on systems and/or software to understand and identify cyber vulnerabilities.
- Execute hands-on testing which include significant technical skills with multiple operating systems. (Windows, Linux, Unix, Red Hat, Cisco, IOS (network)) as well as software/databases (SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL).
- Provide technical guidance and cybersecurity expertise to test teams and the customer.
- Document and communicate test results effectively to technical and non-technical user groups in both written and oral formats.
At COLSA, people are our most valuable resource and centered at our core value. We invite you to unite your talents with opportunity and be a part of our "Family of Professionals!" Learn about our employee-centric culture and benefits at www.colsa.com/culture_benefits.
One of the following combinations is required: Technical Master's Degree and at least 12 years of relevant technical experience in the field of cybersecurity, computer engineering, computer science and/or IT systems. Twelve years of applicable experience may be substituted for a Master's Degree (Total of 22 years) or eight years of applicable technical experience and a technical BS Degree (Total of 18 Years).
- Knowledge in the Cybersecurity Assess and Authorize (A&A) process to support DoD acquisition programs through the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process.
- Analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Good organization, decision making, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent self-initiative and self-motivation with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to work effectively in small and large team settings to solve complex problems.
- Significant knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Web-based application security concepts.
- Travel up to 15-20 weeks per year, potentially to worldwide sites.
- Active SECRET clearance and be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret - (Single Scope Background Investigation). US Citizenship.
- Must have or be able to obtain DOD 8570 IAT Level 3 certification (CASP, CISSP, etc.) within 6 months of hire, and maintain certification throughout employment.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in cybersecurity testing and/or leading cyber test events.
- Penetration testing certification (CEH, OSCP, GPEN, etc.).
- Proficient in Windows and Linux Operating System.
- Understanding of network security/engineering.
- Knowledge of common wired and wireless network protocol structures.
- Proficient in software development (DevSecOps, C, C++, Assembly, Java, etc.).
- Experience using interpreted languages (Python, Ruby, PHP, etc.).
- Experience using tools like DISA STIG Viewer, DISA STIGs, ACAS, NESSUS, NMap.
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. COLSA Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.