Customer Service Specialist -AdventHealth Shawnee Mission
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Vision, Medical & Dental Benefits from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Received Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center in January 2019
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Shift: Full Time Days; 40 hours a week
23401 Prairie Star Parkway Building A, Suite 245, Lenexa, KS 66227
The community you'll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
The role you'll contribute:
The Customer Service Specialist is an accountable member of a patient care team. Accountable for clerical and supportive functions which contribute to the smooth operation of interoffice systems generated by patient care activities. Responsibilities may include answering incoming phone calls, greeting individuals coming into the department, checking patients in via the computer, collecting applicable co-pay, deductibles and/or coinsurance amounts from patients; post payments; scheduling appointments and/or follow-up appointments; making new patient folders
The value you'll bring to the team:
- Schedule patient appointments in software as trained following scheduling procedures and standards.
- Check in/out patients, accurately validating insurance and collecting pertinent copays, and deductibles and having patients complete paperwork.
- Performs a daily reconciliation of payments and adjustments posted against sign-in sheet, encounter forms, and Athena correcting any discrepancies prior to daily close.
- May prepares bank deposits on a daily basis.
- Current knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding applications.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Up to 1 year of Experience