If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide.
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
At Ryder, our most important competitive advantage is our people. CULTURE-INTEGRITY-FAMILY. The people that work here get why it's a great place to be- we back up what we say by promoting from within 85% of the time. Working in our truck rental line of B2B can open up a lot of career paths. Let's not forget, we've been around almost a century and we're not going anywhere. That stability is what makes Ryder Ever Better.
You thought that was it? Take a look at a few of these: Ryder's most recently been named a "Top Company for Women to Work for in Transportation" by Women in Trucking, one of Fortune Magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies," one of "America's Most Responsible Companies" by Newsweek.
What about our green initiative?... We have the largest EV footprint in the U.S. In addition to that, Verizon has recognized us with their Supplier Environmental Excellence Award.
Hear it from people that actually work here!
Grab some more details on the position below and submit your interest if you like what you read... The Job Summary
The Rental Sales Representative is responsible for acting as the front line customer service agent for the rental of vehicles to the Company's current lease and commercial rental accounts, as well as potential commercial rental customers and consumer household needs. This requires the Rental Representative to work cross functionally across Sales, Marketing, Operations and Asset Management while utilizing excellent customer communication skills. This role is fast-paced and touches every aspect of the business unit. In this role, you will acquire proven industry knowledge, skills and resources to develop your relationship building.
Where- 2122 W 4th St, Tempe, AZ 85281
The pay & benefits- $18-22/hour plus overtime when available. Full benefits package, 401k employer match, and a discount on shares!
- Sales & Marketing:
Handle sales and sales process for inbound calls as well as outbound solicitation
Responsible for executing the business unit's marketing plan
Maintain current accurate data within the company's marketing database
Maximize rate opportunities within the market place
Responsible for generating rental, lease and used vehicle sales leads
Maintain and expand relationships with existing customer base
Ability to maximize operational effectiveness by coordinating overall inventory levels to meet customer demand
Meet overall Ryder market share by successfully executing the sales and marketing initiatives
- Operations & Asset Management:
Responsible for the overall profitably, operations and asset management of a rental location
Accountable for coordinating with Maintenance, Asset Management, Sales, and Marketing to ensure customer satisfaction
Maintain compliance with company, local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies
Complete understanding of marketplace conditions in order to maximize utilization of the rental fleet
Drive profitable revenue growth by maintaining and growing customer relationships
Responsible for overall satisfaction for all internal and external customers
Reconcile all customer concerns, issues, and disputes in order to maintain the ongoing relationship
Builds constructive and effective relationships with both internal and external customers
Maintain composure when addressing stressful situations
Clearly articulates Ryder's product and service offerings
- On a voluntary basis as well as based on scheduling, the Rental Sales Representative will be required to perform the role of On-Call Representative based on work schedules as determined by Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to get both verbal and written communication across that has the desired effect
- Goal oriented, drive for results, assertive, and deal well with ambiguity
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Must have high level of energy and be a self-motivated and self-directed person
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities, and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments
- Ability to focus on multiple projects and activities simultaneously
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- H.S. diploma/GED required
- One (1) year or more sales experience required
#FB #INDexempt #LI-post
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.