We consider People first and believe true success can only be achieved when it is experienced by our shoppers, retailers, and team members alike. That's not a tagline, those are our Core Company Values, written by our People, for our People.
With sites across North America, our diverse internal and external communities, stakeholders, and partners choose Tangerfor the best value, experience, and opportunities. We care about delivering on the Tanger Difference of working at Tanger.
In our continued transformation from a real estate company to a customer experience company, we are seeking aCustomer Service Representative. This position will report directly to the General Manager and includes working with the management team, vendors, tenants, and shoppers.
About the Role:
As a Customer Service Representative with Tanger Outlets, your work will matter. We ensure a great experience working alongside other talented and self-motivated people. Join us as we work to deliver the best value and provide a compelling shopping experience for our customers.
If you love servicing customers in an exciting and fast-paced environment, then this is the job for you.
- Tanger Outlets offers a dynamic learning environment in a fun and exciting setting.
- As the face of Tanger, you are a Tanger Ambassador, serving on the front line to build relationships, help tackle customer concerns, and deliver superior customer service.
About Tanger Rewards:
- Competitive salary
- 401(k) with generous employer match
- Voluntary Accident/Cancer/Critical Care Insurance
- Paid bereavement leave
- Paid holidays
- Paid time-off
- Rewards and Recognition
So how can you contribute to what we do?
- Greet all Shopper Services guests and answer incoming phone calls in a courteous and professional manner maintaining Tanger's high standards of customer relations at all times.
- Maintain expert knowledge on center store locations, amenities, local and national programs, promotional offers, and event details in order to answer questions and provide superior customer service to Tanger's shoppers and retailers.
- Achieve and exceed assigned sales goals actively selling all TangerClub program benefits to shoppers, including but not limited to gift cards, stroller/wheelchair rentals, coupon books, promotional items, discounts, and additional savings.
- Build the center customer database by collecting and accurately recording customer contact information in TangStats.
- Support customers using provided materials, training and knowledge of the center, community, and active benefits, offers, events and marketing initiatives. Look for ways to proactively assist shoppers to ensure a best-in-class shopping experience.
- Listen attentively and ask questions to handle customer concerns promptly and professionally, deescalating and resolving any issues.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the Tanger mobile app. Support TangerClub members with accessing coupons and entering store receipts.
- Represent Tanger by actively participating in on-site and off-site marketing events and activations outside of Shopper Services, including common area Street Teams and off-site events, to promote marketing initiatives and drive sales.
- Accurately handle cash register operations, cash transactions, reporting, inventory, and security accordingly. Follow and comply with all prescribed procedures for reporting any discrepancies.
- Foster partnerships with our retailers by responding appropriately to retailer requests.
- Perform general office duties such as maintaining supplies, making copies and routing calls/serving as a dispatcher as needed.
- Perform data entry (TangerStyle coupon tracking, bus & tour group check-ins, register to win form input, update customer information, )
- Assist center management by completing minor reports such as: promotional inventory report, lost and found log, coupon book and brochure inventory, roof leak log, HVAC PM service log, etc.
- Drive operational excellence according to Tanger policy and procedure by reporting center issues or concerns in a timely and accurate manner to center management and in accordance with policy.
- Perform additional duties or participate in other special projects as assigned.
- You exhibit a positive attitude and enthusiastically share the excitement of Tanger Outlets with shoppers, vendors, and tenants.
- You can work cohesively with our CSR and management teams to position Tanger Outlets as a primary shopping destination.
- You can handle difficult situations with tact and diplomacy and this is a strength for you.
- You are an exceptional communicator with a passion for people and strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable working in a team-oriented environment.
- You are comfortable in a fast-paced environment and possess exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- You can multi-task and possess a strong attention to detail.
- You have a comfort using Microsoft Office suite including Word and Excel and using a cash register.
- Working a flexible schedule to accommodate business needs, including holidays, is no problem.
- You embrace diversity of people, thought and style as the best way to bring value for our customers and retail partners.
Experience the difference and be a part of our extraordinary team!
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. (NYSE: SKT) is a leading operator of upscale open-air outlet centers that owns (or has an ownership interest in) and/or manages a portfolio of 37 centers with an additional center currently under development. Tanger's operating properties are located in 20 states and in Canada, totaling approximately 14.0 million square feet, leased to over 2,700 stores operated by more than 600 different brand name companies. The Company has more than 41 years of experience in the outlet industry and is a publicly-traded REIT. For more information on Tanger Outlet Centers, call 1-800-4TANGER or visit the Company's website at www.tangeroutlets.com.
We Consider Community, Seek the Success of Others, Act Fairly & with Integrity, and Make it Happen! We are deeply committed to creating and sustaining an organizational culture reflective of the collective mixture of unique experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints of our people, partners, and communities that contribute to making Tanger an environment where everyone is welcomed, respected, heard, supported, and able to thrive. Tanger is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Workplace. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Accessibility Note: If you are a job seeker with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, or if you are unable to use the online application, please request accommodation or ask for an alternative method of applying by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
E-Verify® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
EOE. Drug Free Workplace. Tanger Management, LLC participates in E-verify.