Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate "smart" solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.
Pennoni Associates is current seeking a Construction Inspector - Transportation with experience consistent, but not limited to:
- Independently planning, coordinating, inspecting and/or overseeing project inspection activities to ensure contractor compliance and standards.
- Assigning, scheduling and maintaining subordinate inspection staff throughout the project.
- Providing direction and oversight to inspection staff.
- Reviewing and maintaining pertinent project documentation and ensure that it accurately details construction progress, activities and materials.
- Preparing, reviewing and submitting project inspection reports, work authorizations, work orders and estimates. Notifying contractor of non-compliance and corrective action.
- Attending pre-bid, pre-construction and progress meetings throughout the course of the project.
- Interacting with the general public, government agencies, contractors, sub contractors, and other internal and external parties to respond to inquiries and resolve field issues.
- Experience with public works infrastructure in nature, specifically roadway, bridge, highway, and traffic signal related labor, water and wastewater, utilities, etc. Creating and maintaining healthy relationships with clients, contractors and others; Acting as a liaison when necessary to make sure all parties are informed of all progress
- Being responsible for making sure all paperwork is complete and accurate with State, Local and Federal Requirements
- Supervising the inspection of construction projects; establishing achievable goals and monitoring employee progress while maintaining personnel records.
- Assigning work areas to construction inspectors; Routinely monitoring inspector workloads to adjust inspector assignments as needed to ensure efficiency
- Meeting project deadlines which may mean working nights, weekends and over time
Preferred but not required:
- Minimum of 5 years of transportation construction inspection experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel, CDS NeXtGen, CDS-V3 and ECMS.
- Thorough understanding of PennDOT and/or PA Turnpike procedures from project startup through finalization, including documentation forms, sampling requirements and contractor submissions.
- Possession of current required certifications acceptable to PennDOT to include:
- NICET LevelIII or IV in Transportation Engineering Technology/Highway Construction.
- NECEPT Bituminous Pavement Field Technician Certification
- PennDOT Concrete Field testing Technician Certification
- Nuclear Gauge Safety
- ECMS, CDS NeXtGen or CDS-V3 experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Why Work With Us?
At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm,offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled