Since 1897, the Ostrow School of Dentistry has shaped talented students into outstanding dentists and dental hygienists. Our challenging clinical education and our expert faculty members provide future oral health professionals with the skills they need in order to become the best.
Dentists and dental hygienists are consistently viewed as some of the most trusted and respected professionals who serve the public, and our graduates are part of the reason. Ostrow not only educates excellent clinicians but also produces professionals who earn their patients' trust with unyielding commitment to exemplary ethical standards. Our graduates also earn the respect of their colleagues, taking active leadership roles in the organized dentistry community from local to international levels.
We, at the Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, are all committed to maintaining an environment of excellence and eminence, and this commitment shines through in all that we do.
Herman Ostrow School of Dentistry of USC, Information Technology is looking for a Computer Consultant Specialist to join its team! This person provides specialized, technical end user support and assistance as well as advice in the use of computer hardware,software and networks to faculty, students and staff.
- Provides expert consulting services in specialized areas such as specialized software, critical computer/networked systems, data access/analysis, and/or academic research.
- Provides support for specialized software/data installation, configuration and planning. Investigates and analyzes various specialized computing options and solutions.
- Seeks opportunities to integrate systems and services for collaboration between units and/or the university at large as appropriate. Partners with departmental and/or central information technology service groups to establish or maintain system interfaces and day-to-day operational processes.
- Plans, designs and conducts specialized end user training for groups or individuals.
- Tests new specialized software. Selects and recommends purchase of hardware and software for university-wide usage.
- Plans and implements new, upgrades and/or specialized software releases. Determines impact of changes, recommending and facilitating delivery to users.
- Interacts with hardware and software vendors as well as outside technical support providers/consultants to establish competitive pricing, warranties, etc. and maintain supportive relations for critical functionality of applicable products.
- Researches, gathers, organizes and summarizes data for reports. Analyzes data for trends or conclusions and presents results and recommendations to supervisor.
- Communicates with customers, applying regular communication, problem-solving and decision-making techniques to identify and resolve customer issues. Delivers front-line, timely and flexible troubleshooting support via phone and/or email, and performs root-cause analyses to identify when routing or escalation is needed.
- Installs and maintains current images on managed devices in client departments. Develops and executes recommended procedures for problem prevention, and identifies opportunities to improve delivery processes.
- Follows customer-response and ticketing standards to ensure all incidents and requests are documented in accordance with Ostrow IT procedures. Designs, writes, and edits accessible technical user documentation comprised of metrics and outcomes,informing planning and in anticipation of future business needs.
Requirement: COMPTIA A+ AND/OR NETWORK+ CERTIFICATION (must be able to acquire certification first 90 days).
Preferred Experience: 4 years
Preferred Field of Expertise: Data center experience. Degree in computer science or engineering. Systems/technical certification. Experience with Microsoft Office 365 Administration, and/or Microsoft Endpoint Management.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families including. For more information please visit http://benefits.usc.edu
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust, and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
The hourly rate range for this position is $35.00 - $37.00. When extending an offer of employment, the University of Southern California considers factors such as (but not limited to) the scope and responsibilities of the position, the candidate's work experience, education/training, key skills, internal peer equity, federal, state, and local laws, contractual stipulations, grant funding, as well as external market and organizational considerations.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 3 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Expert skill-level in specialty area. Experience in computing environments. User support experience with servers, operating systems, workstations, networks, LANs and network software.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at (213) 821-8100, or by email at email@example.com. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Notice on Non-Discrimination
Certain positions are subject to background screening
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
USC is an E-Verify Employer
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser: