** Community President (Branch Manager)**
**Job Category****:** Retail Branch Banking **Requisition Number****:** COMMU001317 Showing 1 location **Job Details**
**Duties and responsibilities**
* Works with Regional Manager to create, monitor and maintain action plans to achieve branch goals which support WaterStone Banks strategic objectives, budgetary controls and profitability.
* Motivates, coaches and develops retail staff through education, technical and sales training, constructive feedback and performance management.
* Works with Regional Manager to maintain adequate staff and ensure proper handling of employee situations. Conducts interviews, hires, monitors individual progression, evaluates, disciplines or terminates employees when necessary. Recommends promotions, salary adjustments and rewards.
* Plans, coordinates and manages branch administrative and operational processes and workflow procedures.
* Ensures branch staff provides prompt, efficient, accurate and friendly service to customers according to WSB service expectations.
* Originates and closes Consumer and Residential loans, assuring all agreements are complete, accurate and in compliance.
* Maintains knowledge of WSBs core processing system, WSB products and services, WSB policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements governing retail accounts.
* Keeps abreast of industry trends, standards and external factors that may affect the bank.
* Identifies and recommends reasonable changes to policies, procedures and products
* Other duties as assigned
+ 3 5 years sales and supervisory experience
+ 3 - 5 years business development experience
+ 5 years sales and supervisory experience and/or business development experience
* Required High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
* Preferred Associates or Bachelors Degree in business or equivalent combination of education and experience or related field
Additionally, an individual must be flexible in work schedule and have the ability to travel between office locations if warranted and provide proof of insurance.
**Physical Demands**: The physical demands described here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential job roles. Reasonable accommodations may be made enabling individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk; stand; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
Additional Physical Demands:
**Work Environment:** The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made enabling individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is a professional office environment where a conservative business dress code is in effect. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional work environment characteristics:
**LANGUAGE SKILLS**: Good grammar and diction. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
**MATHEMATICAL SKILLS**: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
**CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS**: Ability to meet the (internal) customer service excellence core competency which includes maintaining a good attitude, taking ownership of meeting customer needs, going the extra mile for customers, demonstrating a commitment to sharpening skills through education and training, using positive communication, and looking for opportunities to respect customers time and scheduled.
**REASONING ABILITY**: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
**Certifications, Licenses, Registration**
* **Required Banker Certification completion**
* Requires registration under the National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS). Individual must be in good standing with or be approved by NMLS in accordance with the S.A.F.E. Act. A valid drivers license is required. Driving record must be in accordance with WaterStone Banks Vehicle Safety Policy.
Direct Reports 3 - 7