At ADT, we've been in the business of helping save lives for more than 145 years. As the number one smart home security provider serving residential and business customers, our people are our most important asset. Headquartered in Boca Raton, FL and at more than 200 locations across North America, our employees help empower our customers to live more secure and confident lives. Join our team and help us protect what matters most. For more information, visit www.adt.com or follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
The standard function of the position is to install commercial alarm, fire, CCTV, and Card Access systems while working under the supervision of a more senior installer or supervisor.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Installs commercial alarm, fire, CCTV, and Card Access systems.
- Provides reliable, high quality customer support.
- Performs customer instruction on system operation and functionality.
- Performs system testing and signal verification.
- Maintains the necessary truck stock/inventory (equipment and tools).
- Performs new system installations, upgrades, and additions.
- Organizes and utilizes technical resources, information, material, and support to ensure efficient execution of assigned tasks.
- Monitors and ensures the progress and completion of assigned tasks.
- Completes and submits all required task-related activities, productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Must complete other projects, as assigned.
Qualifications - External
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Skills & Experience):
- Minimum of High School Diploma/Vocational Training.
- Must have one or more years of experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of commercial intrusion systems, fire systems, CCTV, intercom and access control systems.
- Must have a working knowledge of local/national codes.
- Must be able to read drawings and pull wires accordingly.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to clear a pre-employment drug screening.
- Must obtain and retain any specific product certifications and/or licenses that are required by national, state and local codes.
- Requires 25 % to 50 % proficiency in ADT Commercial's Tier 1 product offerings.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, and harsh work environments.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; reach with hands and arms; push; pull; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear.
- Use vision abilities including: close, distance, peripheral, depth, and color.
- Work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions/circumstances such as with ladders, scaffolding, high lift equipment, wires, ducts, crawl spaces, attics, above ceilings, etc.
- Lift, move, and hold up to approximately 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work a full-time, flexible schedule with "on call availability" and must be able to travel on short notice.
- Must be able to drive a motor vehicle (day and evenings) for extended time periods.
- Medical, Dental, and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401(k) plan with company matching contribution
- Supplemental Voluntary Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Discount Program
Pay and Benefits Disclosure
The pay range for this role is $24.23 - $40.38 an hour and is based on experience and qualifications. We offer employees access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short term and long term disability coverage, life insurance, wellbeing benefits and paid time off among others. Employees accrue up to 120 hours in their first year. Your accrual rate increases after your first year. your first year. We also offer 6 paid holidays.