Pay Range $55hr - $60hr
- Configure AWS Aurora PostgreSQL instances and perform regular maintenance.
- Follow database design and maintenance standards and best practices.
- Ensure database configurations provide optimal database availability and recoverability.
- Build repeatable procedures using scripts and automation.
- Demonstrate expertise in PostgreSQL stored procedures, functions, triggers, etc.
- Manage users and security configurations.
- Participate in audits of database log files.
- Collaborate with development teams to design, modify, test, and validate database code.
- Tune performance of PostgreSQL databases, troubleshoot slowness or inefficiency.
- Collaborate with Operations team for resource scaling and identifying cost saving opportunities.
- Identify and implement proactive monitoring and alerting for critical system and common issues.
- ssume ownership of database problems and pursue problem resolution and root cause analysis.
- Participate in 24x7 On-Call DBA rotation, resolve issues, and recommend permanent solutions.
- 5+ Years of PostgreSQL Administration experience.
- 2+ Years of experience with AWS Aurora.
- Strong knowledge of the AWS platform.
- Strong knowledge of scripting and automation.
- Strong knowledge of database reliability and security.
- WS certified.
- Experience or awareness of working in a healthcare environment that handles critical patient or confidential data.
- Experience with working in DevOps teams and prior experience with automation projects (cloud or on premises).
- Experience creating infrastructure as code, including application or server blueprints, load balancers, networks, and other deployments.
- Experience with automating HA and DR Failovers across regions.
- Understanding of API automation and tools integration.
- bility to anticipate production needs and provide proactive solutions.
- Experience with user acceptance testing and environment troubleshooting.