At Behavior Genius, we provide a wide variety of supportive services for individuals with special needs. We provide direct behavioral treatment across home, school, center, and community environments all throughout the Texas Dallas Fort Worth, Southern California Inland Empire, and High Desert. Behavior Genius as an organization has a huge heart for people.
Our commitment to delivering direct services that are individualized, goal-oriented, and data-driven. Our ultimate goal is to work collaboratively with our clients to help each individual achieve more. YOU can be a part of this change! By joining our team, you'll directly impact the lives of the people we serve.
HERE IS WHAT YOU’LL GET
- Opportunities for BCBA mentorship and supervision; including support with needed BCBA for certification.
- An inclusive team environment where individuals can enhance their diverse talents and goals.
- Flexible work days and time; with partial ability to make your own schedule.
- Dynamic and fun position across a variety of settings.
- Focus on developing leadership skills.
- Company-issued laptop.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
The Clinical Trainer is a highly visible role in the organization and often the first impression. Clinical Trainers are responsible for administering training material for entry-level clinical positions, including providing support to staff in the field. The goal of this process is to ensure that employees are adequately equipped to meet job requirements and to equip all new employees with the information and experience necessary to fulfill and excel their new roles. Here is what you can expect.
- Coordinate and facilitate New Hire Training as well as training for existing Behavior Genius employees as requested.
- Complete field visits with new hire Behavior Technicians following new hire training, as well as quarterly field visits for all clients.
- Manage interdepartmental communication related to New Hire Training.
- Maintain excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Appropriately interact with newly hired employees and other Behavior Genius staff members in a professional manner.
- Serve as the direct supervisor for newly hired Clinical employees until they are transitioned to the field.
- Implement ongoing training content for Behavior Technicians, Clinical Supervisors, Clinical Assessors, and other content as assigned.
- Provide on-call case coverage for Behavior Technicians and Clinical Supervisors as needed.
- Maintain a Supervision caseload of up to 100 billable hours per month.
- Commitment to upholding the company's mission and vision to the community.
- Maintain quality service by enforcing organization standards and leading by example.
- Provide fair, constructive, and timely feedback towards performance and behavioral goals and expectations.
- Provide assistance, guidance, and coaching support as needed.
- Perform other clinical/clinical training duties as assigned.
*Travel and availability Requirements: Must be willing to travel to California for 2 days of paid training and to multiple Behavior Genius locations for New Hire Training, field training, and case coverage as needed. Must have full availability on weekdays.
Schedule 1: Monday to Friday 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Schedule 2: Monday to Friday 10:00AM - 7:00PM
WHAT WE’D LIKE YOU TO HAVE
- Strong Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and clinical skills.
- Excellent data recording and analysis skills, and report writing skills.
- Ability to analyze data and information to understand problems and effectively develop solutions.
- Self-disciplined and excellent time management skills with ability to schedule and attend client appointments and clinical team meetings with consistency, reliability, and punctuality.
- Ability to work collaboratively with professionals in and outside of the field.
- Passion for developing and leading others.
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Proficient with Google Office Suite (i.e., GMail, Docs, Sheets)
- 1+ year of ABA supervision experience.
- Previous work experience training others in applied behavior analysis.
- Experience conducting trainings and speaking in front of groups of employees.
- Experience successfully presenting information one-on-one, in small groups and large groups.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be RBT certified
- 12+ units toward a Master's Degree in ABA or related field
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT BEHAVIOR GENIUS
- Investment in your Growth: Join a great team that is dedicated to your personal and professional growth and development. Let’s not forget, having fun!
- Competitive pay: Initial and ongoing paid training and supervision. Quarterly performance/merit raises backed by data.
- BHCOE Accreditation: This recognition highlights our dedication to continuous improvement in applied behavior analysis. BHCOE Accreditation is a trusted source that recognizes top-performing behavioral health providers for clinical quality, consumer satisfaction, and staff qualifications. Read more here.
- Our Community! Behavior Genius is committed to building a culture of inclusivity, belonging, and friendships for all of our staff. Small teams are comprised of a team lead and a group of employees that have similar interests. Our groups meet once a month outside of work, at a pre-planned event.
- Our Team! The ultimate win for any company is to create a safe and empowering workplace that raises empowered people. We will continue to raise the bar in the name of diversity for our staff and for the families that we serve.
- Our Environment! We celebrate success and believe in transparency and teamwork to get us there. Learn more here or check out our Great Places to Work Certification.
- Professional Development: Gallup Strengths Coaching is a program that focuses on doing what you naturally do best and navigating your strengths in the workplace. Learn more here.
- Our Values: Mission-focused, people-obsessed, strengths-based, and results-driven.
Behavior Genius is an equal-opportunity employer. We support and encourage diversity. Learn more about what it means to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Additional information can be found here.
All staff must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. All applicants offered a role must also pass a background check.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or accommodations while seeking employment, please email email@example.com or call (909) 749-5204 x 404 with the nature of your request.