Clinical Informatics Specialist
Job Summary: Talent Software Services is in search of a Clinical Informatics Specialist for a contract position in New Hyde Park, NY. Opportunity will be three months with a strong chance for a long-term extension.
Position Summary: Plans and organized the staff and activities in support medical informatics and related departments, supporting the development and optimization of evidenced-based clinical content,
clinical workflows, and effective use of data within the domain of electronic medical records and the EMR ecosystem.
Provides design expertise.
Guides the team in use of effective methodologies and ensures delivery of a quality product consistent with organizational objectives and goals.
Supports innovation and enhancement of care delivery and care quality using health information technology
- Leads development and maintenance of clinical content and clinical workflows and develops expertise within the team.
- Promotes enterprise-wide clinical standardization to reduce variability in care delivery and ensures change management and enterprise quality standards are met.
- Serves as a resource to management during evaluation of related project proposals; utilizes knowledge of current inpatient and ambulatory information systems and associated data to leverage for proposed projects.
- Ensures clinical workflow across departments is designed into overall plan and development of clinical care, also ensures clinical content built with the end in mind to include meaningful use data capture, clinical quality assurance, and regulatory reporting, as well as disease management, research and care improvements.
- Ensures clinical information system supports clinical quality and patient safety as well as business requirements (coding and compliance).
- Recommends methods for updating or improving processes or procedures.
- Serves as a liaison between technical and clinical stakeholders and helps maintain open communication with all groups.
- Makes recommendations and proposals for new initiatives in support of assigned projects.
- Uses knowledge and skills to contribute to the development of functional objectives and principles to achieve goals in innovative ways.
- Problems addressed are of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial.
- Bachelor's Degree in Informatics, Clinical, Technical or related field, required.
- 5-8 years of relevant and progressive experience with evidence of leadership, required.
- Informatics experience highly preferred.
- Current license to practice in a healthcare discipline in New York State preferred.
If this job is a match for your background, we would be honored to receive your application!
Providing consulting opportunities to TALENTed people since 1987, we offer a host of opportunities including contract, contract to hire and permanent placement. Let's talk!