Recruit Secure is collaborating with an established for-profit Healthcare organization that is seeking an experienced and dynamic Chief Operations Officer (COO) to be responsible for the leadership and efficient operation of an 80-bed Psychiatric Hospital in the Cullman, AL area. The COO will lead and work collaboratively with senior management, hospital staff, clinical and physician services to ensure a high level of patient care, operational, and financial performance.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in developing and implementing plans to optimize operational performance, staff leadership and retention; business development and financial management in the healthcare industry and specifically, within Psychiatric and/or Behavioral care facilities.
The salary for this position is dependent on experience and qualifications along with an excellent (full) benefit package. This is a great opportunity where your leadership and organizational skills will directly affect profitability and be recognized.
- Develop, implement, and monitor strategic plans to ensure achievement of business objectives
- Evaluate current programs, policies and procedures and apply changes as necessary
- Develop and monitor budgets. Accountable for revenue and business growth
- Oversee day to day operations to assure high level of productivity
- Lead initiatives to hire, develop and retain staff including staff education and staff engagement and recognition opportunities.
- Analyze performance and make recommendations for optimization and growth
- Assist with Marketing initiatives to promote the hospital by recommending strategies to develop and enhance relationships.
- At least 4-5 years' experience as a COO, Administrator or Executive Director in a psychiatric facility.
- Masters (preferred) or Bachelor's degree in Business or Healthcare Administration
- Extensive knowledge of current federal, state, local, regulations governing psychiatric facilities.
- Knowledge of Medicaid/Medicare procedures and applicable policies
- Well versed in Dept. of Heath regulations, Labor law, OSHA, etc.
- Experienced in preparing and maintaining budgets
- Superior communication skills...ability to communicate and work harmoniously to support staff and communicate strategic initiatives.