Sylvan Learning of Northridge is looking for a motivated and energetic individual to to help us run our busy learning center. Our Center Assistants help Directors with administrative and customer service tasks and help tutors prepare for and deliver instruction. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is considering a career in education and who loves working with kids and families.
This is a part-time job. The Center Assistant must be available to work in the afternoon/evening hours and some Saturday mornings.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Leads day-to-day administrative tasks such as timely and high quality phone reception, word processing, data entry, filing, and other administrative tasks
- Greets and assists students, parents, and potential customers according to Sylvan standards
- Fields inquiry calls from potential customers; Fields calls from current families
- Schedules assessments, tours and Welcome Conferences according to Sylvan Standards; Manages scheduling changes of current families
- Assists Center Directors and Directors of Education with preparing materials for parent conferences, assessments, tours, and other customer appointments
- Assists Center Directors with other day-to-day tasks of running the Center such as managing billing, collecting payments, and maintaining Center supplies
- Assists Center Directors with maintaining the professional appearance of the Center according to Sylvan standards
- Supports standards and procedures to ensure student safety and well-being
- May assist teachers with preparation for instruction; Gathers and prepares materials as appropriate.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQURED
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong word processing, data entry, and other administrative skills
- Proven ability to effectively use consultative sales skills when serving customers
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in writing; Ability to proofread and edit copy
- Strong organizational skills; Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and be flexible
- High school diploma required, some college preferred
- Must be available to work on weekday afternoons/evenings and some Saturday mornings
Starting Pay: $17-18/hour