Who We Are
Centerline Communications, LLC works with major wireless operators and equipment manufacturers in the U.S. and is a leader in the industry ecosystem. It is a full-service operation, specializing in the development, construction, and maintenance of wireless telecommunications networks. Centerline Communications, LLC's success in the telecommunications infrastructure industry is built on a foundation of highly experienced professionals who embrace responsibility and an unwavering commitment to clients. In less than a decade, the company has grown from 5 employees to more than 1,300 employees and continues to grow in cities across the U.S and globally.
As a Tower Lead, one will have a complete understanding of the wireless industry. 90% of the time will be spent onsite climbing cell towers. One will fully grasp all aspects of the initial training of the Associate Tower Technician and the Tower Technician. The Tower Lead will assist the Tower Foreman in developing and planning complete site build (as it pertains to the SOW at hand). One will share ultimate responsibility for quality of SOW deliverable. The Tower Lead will assist the Tower Foreman in identifying change orders, obstacles and safety concerns that may impede SOW timeline. One will possess leadership skills to direct all top side activities. The Lead will support the Foreman when on the ground. One will have a solid understanding of color coding, weatherproofing, grounding, equipment installations, etc. (as it pertains to the SOW at hand) and understand all components of the COP process.Responsibilities
- Follow all state and federal safety regulations (OSHA, local turfing vendor, Tower Co., etc.) while working in an efficient and productive manner.
- Required to work at heights installing telecom equipment/materials on towers, monopoles, etc. including mounts, radios and antennas.
- Interprets various documents (e.g. blueprints, diagrams, manufacturer specifications, etc.) to ensure proper installation of antenna systems using technical expertise and knowledge of blueprints and diagrams.
- A willingness to travel when and where required as directed by market. Successful Completion of Required Training (reference pages 14 and 123 of IIPP):
- Tower/Rescue First Aid/BBP and CPR SACW IIPP
- PPE use and requirements
- Lock out Tag out
- RF Awareness
- GHS (formally MSDS)
- Special equipment (aerial lift, forklift, backhoe, capstan, etc.)
- OSHA Training
The above reflects leadership's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Leadership may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.Qualifications
- Experience with capstan operations
- Experience with crane/signaling
- Experience with steel work (hanging boom, antennas, etc.)
- Experience with shooting an azimuth
- Knowledge of all testing equipment (load hopping) and basic functions of the equipment
- Higher understanding of multiple pulley operations
- Knowledge of quality and safety procedures
- Experience with clearly capturing photo images
- Advanced understanding of rigging
- Connector install experience
- System testing (load hopping) - PIM, ANRITSU Fiber, etc. experience
- Coax and Fiber routing/handling experience
- Top side and bottom side grounding experience
- Cad welding experience
- General working skills and knowledge of computers
- Safety conscious
- Able to take direction, self-motivate, quick learner, hard-working
- Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports
- Frequent travel required with overnight trips
- Physically able to climb 1000 vertical feet per day
- Ability to perform Tower Rescues
- Ability to lift 50lbs repeatedly
- Onsite at job locations.
- Potential exposure to outdoor elements
- Travel up to 75%
- Ability to respond as needed to after-business hours issues.
tower climber, tower foreman, telecommunications, cell tower technician, tower tech, construction, construction superintendent, telecommunication technician, tower climbing, telecom, 5G, tower lead, top hand, veteran, civil tech, civil hand, wireless antennaEmployment Type: FULL_TIME