CDS Full Time Event Manager - Product Demonstration
Club Demonstration Services (CDS) is in need of an Event Manager responsible for the recruitment, hiring and supervision of in store Product Demonstrators. You will oversee product preparation and presentation, training and provide superb service to all Club members. This position requires strong communication between warehouse managers, vendors and in store Product Demonstrators including participation in new location grand openings.
CDS is the preferred in-house event marketing provider to Costco. We offer the best person-to-person marketing services in the industry, driving sales for our customers and Costco. APPLY TODAY!
What We Offer:
- Set schedule of Tuesday-Saturday from 8:30AM - 5:30PM (may vary based on needs)
- Work-life balance!
- Full Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- 401(K) plan
- Generous paid time off
- Recruit, train and hire part-time staff.
- Oversee product preparation and presentation, including food safety and sanitation.
- Train Product Demonstrators in demonstration preparation and excellent customer services.
- Communicate between multiple manager, vendors and demonstrators.
- Participate in new location grand openings as required.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Two to four years of related experience in retail, hospitality, or food environments.
- Detail oriented with excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead well performing teams.
- Ability to exercise independent judgement.
- Able to coach and counsel employees, take correct measures as needs.
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast paced environment
The Company is one of North America's leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct all activities engaged in successful events, promotion and sales of vendor products
- Communicate strategies and tactics to achieve sales, service and operational excellence
- Support the maintenance and ongoing development of corporate governance framework, policies and procedures
- Collaborate with the District Manager to evaluate various event performance metrics, including execution rates, sales performance, labor hours and operational costs and make adjustments as necessary
- Achieve defined revenue and net income objectives through sales activation, strategy and expense management
- Optimize customer satisfaction/loyalty through improved operations
Direct Reports- Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
Indirect Reports- This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
The following are the minimum job-related qualifications which an individual needs in order to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the jobEducation Level: (Required): Associate's Degree or equivalent experience(Preferred): Bachelor's Degree Or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Degree Program/Major (e.g. Marketing, Business Administration or related field)3-5 Years of experience in a client-side, branded, consumer-packaged goods company; or a combination of supplier-side and client-side experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to Work Independently & Prioritize with minimal supervision, in order to Meet Deadlines
- Supervising Skills, to include Delegating Responsibility, Training, & Evaluating Performance
- Excellent Written & Verbal Communication Skills
- Flexible & Adaptable, able to change & Alter According to changes in Projects or Business Environment
- Track Record of Building & Maintaining Customer/Client Relationships
- Ability to Direct, Lead, & Develop People
- Basic Computer Skills, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Outlook, & web browsers
- NEHA Professional Food Handler Certification required
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative RequirementsIncumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office, field, retail store, or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet for long periods of time, use products or cook food as appropriate for the demonstration, and may be required to work in extremely cold conditions (i.e. refrigerated and freezer sections). Also required to travel and drive. The use of proper safety practices when handling the products and/or cooking is essential.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.Employment Type: FULL_TIME