Delaco Integrated Terminals, Woodhaven is a Diez Group family Company engaged in the warehousing and local transport of aluminum coils for the automotive industry. Operations run 24/7
- Full time position with openings on afternoons (2:00 pm - 10:30 pm - shift premium $0.20) or nights (10 pm - 6:30 am - shift premium $0.30)
- Opportunity for daily overtime
- Benefits after 90 days - Medical, Dental, Vision and
- Paid time off - holiday, vacation and PTO/Sick days
- Company paid Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
- Wages: $24 - $26 per hour
Experienced Local (Class A CDL) truck drivers are needed within the Greater Detroit area to ensure the safe transportation of finished goods to our customers while maintaining the quality of the product. DIT Woodhaven, LLC is a three (3)-shift operation specializing in steel and aluminum coil blanking servicing the Automotive Stamping Industry.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Ensure the proper securement of product while adhering to load securement requirements as outline in the DOT guidelines
• Follow Company safety policies and procedures including PPE requirements and procedures specifically related to COVID-19 infection control.
• Follow predetermined routes and ensure timely deliveries
• Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
• Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
• Report all Vehicle malfunctions and ensure vehicle is kept clean
• Completed a training program to obtain the Commercial Driver's License
• Valid Class A CDL driver's license
• Metal Coil endorsement
• 2+ years proved experience with load securement
• 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving
• Must possess a clean driving record
• Able to drive at least a ten speed vehicle
• Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
• Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. at a time
• Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
• High level of composure and good stress management
• Must pass a post-offer DOT drug and alcohol test and submit to periodic DOT/FMCSA random testing.
• All candidates must be able to work all shifts, Saturday, Sunday and overtime when needed
Adherence to the attendance policy
Applicants must be able to pass a New Hire Physical and Hair Follicle Drug Screen pass a New Hire Physical and Hair Follicle Drug Screen
Education: High School Diploma, GED and equivalent work experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.