Abcor Home Health is currently looking to hire Substitute Caregivers, (40 hours a week, including travel time) to provide fill-in home care services to our clients. Because this position will fill in for our regular homecare aide shifts, there is not a permanent schedule.
Our current needs are in Springfield and the surrounding areas but you could travel to clients within a 25-mile radius.
Our trained caregivers provide non-medical services to our clients in their homes, which enables them to maintain dignity and independence. When you join the Abcor team, you will be making a difference in our clients lives! This is an opportunity to work in a unique home environment, working one-on-one with our clients, while creating an everlasting connection with them.
- Competitive Salary
- Mileage reimbursement and travel time
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (must meet eligibility requirements)
- 401(k) with company match (must meet eligibility requirements)
- Online training
- Referral bonuses
- Meal planning and preparation
- Light Housekeeping
- Transportation assistance to appointments
- Essential shopping and errands
- Medication Reminders
- Assistance with personal hygiene and dressing
- Transferring assistance
- Socialization and companionship
- Must have a reliable vehicle, driver’s license and valid auto insurance
- High school diploma , GED or letter of reference
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Minimum of one year previous caregiving experience
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Must be willing to work with clients that smoke
- Must be willing to work with clients that have pets
Our Ideal Candidates Are:
- Detail oriented
- Great communicators
- Excellent at time management and organization
We are a Medicaid & Medicare certified home health and home care provider; with Home Health department accredited through the Community Health Accreditation Program (CHAP). Abcor is also licensed as an in-home services & home health agency by the Department of Public Health. Abcor is an active provider under the Department on Aging (DoA)’s Community Care Program. We also participate in the Department of Human Services – Department of Rehabilitation Services (DORS) Program. In order to work with those to whom state government programs do not apply, Abcor Home Health has established solid partnerships with six managed care organizations in Illinois.