Comnet Telecom Supply, Inc. is a USA-based manufacturer of custom Fiber Optic and Copper cable assemblies. Additionally, Comnet products cater to the Colocation Data Center industry providing their customers with a full line of Data Center cabinetry and cable management solutions. The Optical Assembler is responsible for the optical assembly and manufacturing of Comnet cable assembly products. Work is performed under supervision and in an assembly line environment requiring self-initiative and good judgement.
Duties of the Job
· Assembles copper and fiber optic cable assemblies.
· Terminates fiber optic cables including patch cords, indoor and outdoor cables.
· Tests and certifies copper cables before shipping to customer.
· Tests and certifies fiber optic cables using specialized equipment.
· Attaches labels to all cabling as required.
· May maintain records required for Quality management of the product.
· Maintains workstations according to Comnet’s manufacturing practices.
· Carries out other tasks that would assist the company to manufacture quality products to meet the requirements and expectations of Comnet’s customers. May require on occasion lifting of materials up to 50 lbs.
Duties are the essential functions, or fundamental duties, of the job position. The essential functions of individual positions within the job classification may differ.
HS Diploma or GED
No experience necessary - on the job training will be provided.
· Ability to read and follow instructions in written and oral English.
· Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
· Ability to do fine detail work.
· Perform routine tasks with care and precision.
· Ability to learn new tasks quickly.
· Attention to detail that reinforces Comnet’s quality standards.
· Good communication and organizational skills.
Will require shift work, and or overtime.