We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated business intelligence engineer to join the AWS Data Center Position Optimization (DCPO) team. This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that has direct impact on the day-to-day decision making for global data center design, engineering, and construction teams. With our team, you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class data engineering and BI is critical to our success. To help build this growing team, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, set high standards with a focus on superior business success. DCPO sets the standard for functionality, cost, and performance for data centers, but it's still early days, and there are boundless opportunities define this space - come help us make history!
Key job responsibilities
* Design, develop, implement, test, document, and operate large-scale, high-volume, high-performance data structures for business intelligence analytics.
* Implementing data structures using best practices in data modeling to provide on-line reporting and analysis using business intelligence tools and a logical abstraction layer against large, multi-dimensional datasets and multiple sources.
* Gathering business and functional requirements and translating the gathered requirements into robust, scalable, operable solutions that work well within the overall data architecture.
* Analyzing source data systems and driving best practices in source teams.
* Analyzing large amounts of data, discovering and solving real world problems, and building metrics and business cases to help business teams to make decisions.
* Participating in the full development life cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery, support, and maintenance to produce comprehensive, usable dataset documentation and metadata.
* Evaluating and making decisions around dataset implementations designed and proposed by peer data engineers. Identifying business process improvements from the data level.
* Evaluating and making decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools.
* Be able to drive Robotic Process Automation (RPA) initiatives in order to build full scale automation for multiple teams across the organization.
About the team
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) aims to resolve Data Center Delivery specific issues and faster development of automation. RPA is the deployment of data pipelines built on algorithms that aim to mimic and replicate manual, high-volume work, essentially resulting in "bots". Bots are configurable software set up to perform the tasks that teams want to assign and control. Using RPA, we can encompass process optimization, creation of new software with programmable UI, and configuration of communication channels including alerts and visual dashboards.