Bucket Truck Operator
Remote - Location May Vary
Right of Way - Full Time
Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. (AECI) is an organization with a rich history and a bright future. As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
A Bucket Truck Operator I is responsible for operating and maintaining the bucket trucks used for tree-trimming tasks associated with electrical power line right of way (ROW) maintenance, clearing, and re-clearing operations. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to push forward AECI's mission.Responsibilities
- Performs daily inspection and maintenance of chainsaws and safety equipment; must be able to safely and efficiently operate chainsaws.
- Cuts danger trees and has the ability to rope and direct trees away from hazards.
- Operates bucket truck and aerial trimming equipment to trim trees within right of way.
- Clears overhang on single and three phase lines and removes dead or danger trees over and around power lines.
- Removes trees and brush from around structures such as houses, buildings, etc.; safely removes burning trees out of the powerlines.
- Reports to crew foreman regarding work related problems, material or supply needs, and equipment. Notifies supervisor in the event of safety hazards.
- Performs traffic control duties around work area as needed.
- Must understand general safety rules and policies and promote good relations with other crew members, patron cooperatives, and the general public.
- The ability to handle stress and work well with others are essential functions of this position.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
- In pursuant of the Arkansas Medical Marijuana Act 593, this position is a designated safety-sensitive position according to AECC/AECI standards and processes.
- As a condition of employment, this position requires a post - offer, pre-employment Fitness for Duty Exam
- At least 3 months experience and/or training.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Able to work in outside or inside working environment, wherein there are potentially hazardous working conditions and life-threatening situations exist (fire, chemical, moving mechanical parts, electrical sources, fumes, airborne particles, heights, dangerous people, etc.).
- Able to work in extreme heat or cold.
- Able to work in extremely loud areas.
- Able to perform highly repetitive and physical functions.
- Must be able to travel to various locations and stay overnight as required to complete work assignments.
- Due to our obligation to provide continuous, reliable electric service to our customers, the ability to maintain regular and punctual attendance and the ability to work outside your regularly scheduled office hours when necessary is an essential function of the job.
- Training specified in 29 CFR 1910.269(a)(1)(i)(E).
- CPR and First Aid certification (or ability to obtain within 6 months).
- Bucket Truck Operator I - At least 3 month expereince.
- Bucket Truck Operator II - At least 1 year of bucket truck trimming expereince.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 9 Paid holidays
- Educational assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Free & confidential Employee Assistance Program
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
Bucket, Buckettruck, Bucket Truck, Bucket Operator, Bucket Work, Lift Operator, Cherry Picker, Tree Bucket, Chain Saw, Right of Way BucketEmployment Type: FULL_TIME