IT | Entry Level
Boston Globe Media is New England's largest newsgathering organization -- and much more. We are committed to being an indispensable, trusted, reliable source of round-the-clock information. Through the powerful journalism from our newsroom, engaging content from our content marketing studio, or through targeted advertising solutions, brands and marketers rely on us to reach highly engaged, educated and influential audiences through a variety of media and experiences.
- Collect, organize, and document often-used data resources (maps, APIs, etc)
- Create scripts to scrape data from websites for stakeholders
- With guidance, start creation of a data style guide
- Basic familiarity with PHP, Groovy, or another server-side scripting language
- Basic familiarity of build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, or Webpack
- Basic familiarity with version control systems such as SVN or Git
- Understands and follows the teams agile process
- Adheres to defined coding standards
- Participates in code reviews
- A willingness to adapt and be audience focused, with a curious mindset and a commitment to creating an inclusive work environment
We require that all BGMP employees (including temporary employees, co-ops, interns, and independent contractors) be vaccinated from COVID-19, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. All BGMP employees, regardless of vaccination status or work location, must provide proof of vaccination status as instructed by the employee's designated Human Resources contact. Employees may request a reasonable accommodation or other exemption from this policy by contacting their designated Human Resources contact. Failure to comply with or enforce any part of this policy, or misrepresentation of compliance with this policy, may result in discipline, up to and including termination of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and other requirements of applicable federal, state, and local law.
Boston Globe Media Partners is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition or any other protected characteristic. Boston Globe Media Partners is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.
We currently do not sponsor visas for this role.All candidates will must be able to work for any employer in the US, without any restrictions.