Plans, develops, implements, and administers the benefits programs of the organization in accordance with applicable laws, plan documents, and contractual agreements and consistent with the Company’s strategic Human Resources goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Stays abreast of legal and regulatory developments to ensure plans are designed and operate in compliance with applicable law.
- Continually monitors the delivery of the benefits and compensations programs to ensure they are administered consistently and in accordance with plan documents, service agreements, collectively bargained agreements, and other contractual arrangements.
- Keeps informed of new trends and developments through research and participation in area and industry surveys to benchmark benefit and compensation programs and maintain an externally competitive total compensation strategy.
- Utilizes broker to solicit insurance and administration quotes from various vendors; develops census data and provides plan design detail for requests for proposal.
- Analyzes survey results, utilization data, plan financials, and renewals/quotes to identify cost-containment opportunities and develop specific plan design, pricing strategy, and cost sharing recommendations to management.
- Coordinates the timely and accurate completion of all required government filings and the preparation and distribution of required participant plan disclosures.
- Installs approved or mandated plan changes by instructing insurance carriers, claims administrators, trustee, and other service providers to effect program changes; prepares and executes benefit plan documentation, utilizing broker/consultant and legal counsel as appropriate.
- Develops and implements an effective employee communications strategy to promote informed consumerism of health plan benefits and to ensure plan participants are timely advised of plan changes and enrollment opportunities.
- Monitors and evaluates the financial activities of the health & welfare Trust and Trustee performance.
- Counsels employees, HR representatives, and management on existing benefit plan provisions; coordinates the timely and accurate resolution of employee benefit eligibility and claim issues.
- Manages the UKG Self-Service program and maintenance of benefits records in UKG, including the exporting of changes to external service providers, programming of plan offerings and costs, and troubleshooting of technical issues.
- Manages the annual health and welfare benefits open enrollment process.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field preferred.
- At least six (6) years of related experience in compensation and benefits analysis, including some HRIS experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- Must have five (5) years experience using UKG. Strong preference of experience using UKG Dimensions.
- Experience working with employees in a multi-location environment with geographical pay differentials and varying benefit plan designs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) preferred.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
Physical, Environmental and Sensory Requirements
- Work environment is a typical office setting.
- Physical demands include intermittent sitting, standing, and walking, and occasional bending reaching and lifting.
This job description is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.