Looking for a fast-paced position with growth opportunity? Wolter, Inc., one of southeastern Wisconsin’s fastest growing privately owned companies and a BizTimes 2022 Future 50 Winner, is looking for an Automation Engineering Technician to join our growing team! This position is based out of our Brookfield, WI facility and will be responsible for supporting our automation department. Join a company dedicated to leveraging the unique experiences of each of our employees to reimagine the next 60 years of Wolter!
Benefits of working for Wolter, Inc.:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- 401k plan with employer match
- Life and disability insurance
- Critical illness and accident insurance
- Flexible medical savings plan
- Pet insurance
- Annual review program
- Paid vacation, holidays and more!
In this exciting role you’ll work with internal cross functional teams and external partners to support the design, develop, build, install and support of automated material handling solutions for our broad range of customers. You’ll be a key resource working internally and at our customers delivering the latest automation and robotics solutions including Automated Guided Vehicles & Mobile Robots (AGV/AMR), AS/RS & Automated Storage Solutions, Collaborative & Industrial Robotics systems, Conveyance & Sortation, Fulfillment solutions, and associated Controls & Software for a wide variety of customer applications and projects.
- Function as integral resource supporting the build-up, installation and support of a wide variety of material handling solutions projects incorporating Automatic Guided Vehicles and Automated Mobile Robots (AGV/AMR), Automated Storage Solutions (AS/RS), Collaborative Robots, Conveyor & Sortation, Fulfillment Systems, and associated solutions
- Apply mechanical, electrical, controls and programming ability to setting up material handling automation systems at our internal build-up facility, as well as at customer locations and servicing these systems when issues occur.
- Support our internal engineering team for NPD (New Product Development) initiatives, including providing insight and feedback into design
- Assist our partner suppliers in bringing their new products into the market, including alpha and beta testing.
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum associates degree with a technical emphasis and demonstrated work experience
- 3+ years of experience with automation or robotics systems
- Strong knowledge of industrial equipment
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with demonstrated ability to manage several complex projects at the same time with high degrees of variation and uncertainty
- Proficient in SolidWorks or similar programs
- Strong leadership, project management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use tools for handling, testing and light assembly of robotic and automation components
- A self-starting personality and the ability to manage time effectively, communicate well and adapt within guidelines to satisfy the customer are critical.
- Technicians must have a working knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles and the understanding of diagrams, layout drawings, and engineering specifications.
- Ability to perform basic controls programming (PLC), network/software configuration and basic CAD work (Solidworks, AutoCAD) is preferred, but not required
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. All job offers are contingent upon satisfactory drug screen and driving record results.
Learn more about us at wolterinc.com!