- Participate in global cybersecurity and technology controls audit engagements including risk assessments, audit planning, audit testing, control evaluation, audit report drafting and follow-up and verification of issue closure.
- Will be accountable for meeting deliverable deadlines, adhering to department and professional standards and utilizing consistent methodology.
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Contribute to a business climate and culture that encourages integrity, respect, excellence and innovation
- Stay up to date with evolving industry and regulatory developments impacting the CTC organization.
- 3+ years of internal/external technology auditing experience preferably in cybersecurity and technology controls
- Experience with core cybersecurity operations and one or more cyber security tools/process areas (e.g. network security, end point security, email security, cloud security, attack simulation, cyber threat modelling etc.) is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree (or relevant financial services experience) required.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of technology processes, such as change management, security operations, technology operations, and business resiliency, as well as application and infrastructure controls.
- Professional certification (e.g. CRISC, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CEH, GIAC etc.) or willingness to pursue required.
- Ability to multitask and execute audit activities with minimal supervision.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of an internal control weakness.
- Proficiency in risk analysis and report preparation.
- Proven ability and desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically. Ability to lead audits and manage participating team members.
- Proven ability to be able to multi task, complete projects on time and on budget, and adjust to changing priorities.
- Ability to build strong partnerships across the technology and business teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal responsibility/accountability.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. Employees are expected to follow the Firm's current COVID-19 or other infectious disease health and safety requirements, including local requirements. Requirements include sharing information including your vaccine card in the firm's vaccine record tool, and may include mask wearing. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests as required by applicable law.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
Jersey City,NJ $85,500.00 - $130,000.00 / year