- Department: Physical Therapy - Acute Care
- Schedule: PRN
- Hospital: Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital - Pensacola
- Location: Pensacola, Florida
Paid time off (PTO)
Various health insurance options & wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Long-term & short-term disability
Employee assistance programs (EAP)
Parental leave & adoption assistance
Ways to give back to your community
As a military friendly organization, Ascension promotes career flexibility and offers many benefits to help support the well-being of our military families, spouses, veterans and reservists. Our associates are empowered to apply their military experience and unique perspective to their civilian career with Ascension.
*Please note, benefits and benefits eligibility can vary by position, exclusions may apply for some roles (for example: PRN, Short-Term Option, etc.). Connect with your Talent Advisor today for additional specifics.
Conduct medically prescribed occupational therapy under the supervision of an occupational therapist.
- Implement an established treatment plan using appropriate modalities.
- Document findings of patient progress.
- Seek consultation as necessary.
- Monitor patient's response to treatment plan.
- Communicate patient progress and possible goal revisions to occupational therapist.
- Educate the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits.
- Provide discharge planning assistance and information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and community support programs.
- May oversee the care provided by therapy 3-Technicians according to established regulations and practice standards.
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Licensed Rehab Therapist specializing in Occupational Therapy (COTA) credentialed from the Florida Board of Occupational Therapy obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
No additional preferences.Why Join Our Team
Ascension Sacred Heart is a leading provider of high-quality healthcare to children and adults in South Alabama and Northwest Florida communities and operates Northwest Florida's only children's hospital. Our faith-based ministry offers caregivers the opportunity to flourish personally and professionally in a variety of specialties, including cardiology, brain and spine, pediatrics, women's health, orthopedics and cancer care.
Ascension is a leading non-profit, faith-based national health system made up of over 150,000 associates and 2,600 sites of care, including more than 140 hospitals and 40 senior living communities in 19 states.
Our Mission, Vision and Values encompass everything we do at Ascension. Every associate is empowered to give back, volunteer and make a positive impact in their community. Ascension careers are more than jobs; they are opportunities to enhance your life and the lives of the people around you.Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
For further information, view the EEO Know Your Rights (English) poster or EEO Know Your Rights (Spanish) poster.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.