Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
Provides administrative and technical human resources support to the Human Resources Manager. Recruits, interviews, and screens job applicants to fill company openings for hourly associates. Performs diversified duties in the processing and monitoring of the Associate benefit program, Plant policies and procedures and maintains all Associate personnel files.
- Manage attendance program, tracking and recording tardiness or unauthorized personal time as well as paid time off on payroll records. Includes processing, tracking and managing leaves of absence, especially FMLA leaves
- Completes monthly HR report with all the monthly data required.
- Manages local payroll processing: working to resolve issues, insuring payroll completed timely, coordinating with corporate payroll.
- Manage Associate Central process with payroll changes, associate moves, and requisitions. Assists with all Associate Central activities.
- Manages hourly recruiting efforts: recruiting, screening, interviewing candidates. Schedules follow up interviews, coordinates status of openings with Plant leadership. Assists with onboarding process that includes drug screens, background checks, reference check process. May also include coordinating and managing temporary service in their role with recruiting efforts.
- Work with associates on benefit issues and supports annual open enrollment process.
- Set up and maintains all associate records/files. Retains records in line with company retention policy. Processes any changes in associate status and maintains HRIS system.
- Maintains I-9 files within legal requirements
- Coordinate and conduct new hire orientation program. Reviews policies, procedures, benefits with new associates and assist as needed in getting associates enrolled in benefit programs.
- Processes and responds to short term disability benefit.
- Assists the HR Manager in annual preparation and review of AAP.
- Manages job bid process.
- Tracks and responds to associate complaints/grievances timely.
- Maintain a variety of documentation and files as required
- Maintain bulletin boards
- Assist with unemployment claims and inquiries
- Support and coordinate community involvement and local associate events.
- Track disciplinary action and support leadership as needed.
- Performs other related responsibilities as needed to support RPC business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Human Resources with minimum of 1 year of practical experience
- Knowledge, skills, and ability to operate computer programs as needed (Microsoft Office Suite programs)
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Above average communication skills – both written and verbal. Must be able to maintain effective relationships with all levels of associates, including upper management.
- Must be able to be firm, consistent and positive and represent a professional image at all times.
- Good presentation skills
- Must have a sense of urgency with all associate issues and must be able to close and follow through with all HR associate issues.
- Significant organizational skills.
- Must be able to think independently through all issues and situations.
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at email@example.com if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.