Recovery Network of Programs, Inc. (RNP), is a private, non-profit, social service agency which has been serving the Greater Bridgeport Community and Fairfield County area since 1972. RNP is dedicated to helping those living with substance use, mental health disorders, and homelessness. Our mission is to restore hope, health, and wellbeing for individuals and families in a recovery environment that embraces compassion, dignity, and respect.
The Center for Human Services(CHS)located in Stratford, Connecticut is a CARF accredited, Department of Public Health licensed, medication-assisted treatment program for opiate addicted persons utilizing prescribed methadone or buprenorphine/suboxone, and supportive counseling in conjunction with other support and referral services. The persons served attend individual counseling to address drug use/abuse, personal/family, employment, health, and legal issues. Group and family counseling, in addition to intensive outpatient services are offered to those who voluntarily seek additional support. Clients at CHS also have access to psychiatric care.
Monday to Friday 5am - 12pm, and Saturday 6am - 11am
- Performs the duties of a liaison with clients and staff at the program. Assists the coordination of care for clients in treatment at RNP and refers persons to specific community agencies for service.
- Interacts with all clients and their families in a respectful, professional, and compassionate manner.
- Maintains files and records of work activities to provide access to and retrieval of data.
- Supervises urinalysis collection for same gender and assists with unsupervised urinalysis collection for those of the opposite gender as required; completes associated documentation.
- Administers Urinalysis and BAC testing and completes associated documentation.
- Monitors the lobby, assists with monitoring medication lines to meet clients’ needs and promote quality care.
- Provides client consultation, crisis intervention services and referrals to appropriate resources when necessary.
- Transport clients, as required by a supervisor (Director or Coordinator), using RNP vehicles.
- Assists with filing and other clerical duties to provide support for staff.
- Answers telephone and routes calls
- Fills in for check-ins in the Tech Booth as needed.
- Assists with intakes/pre-admission as directed by staff.
- Attends all required agency trainings.
- Completes pre-screenings on all potential intakes to assist in identifying client needs. Consults with supervisor regarding any client who appears to be inappropriate for treatment.
- Completes Post Discharge Follow Up calls for discharged clients, provides these clients with referrals in the community, other RNP sites or readmission if needed.
- Assumes all other appropriate duties as deemed necessary by the supervisor.
Associatedegree in the behavioral sciences and one(1) years' experience incounseling preferred or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish preferred.
- DARC or CADAC students preferred.
- Knowledge of substance abuse treatment and HIV/AIDS education and prevention methods.
- Considerable knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations regarding client confidentiality.
- Ability to assume initiative.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to maintain cooperative professional relationships.
- Must be able to utilize EHR system and document activities according to DPH, DMHAS and DSS requirements.
Must have a valid Connecticut driver’s License
Benefits(for full time employees):
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Flexible Healthcare or Dependent Care accounts or Health Savings Account
- Generous employer contribution provided for annual healthcare expenses
- Basic Life insurance at no cost to employee
- Generous Paid Time Off as well as14 Holidays and Birthday off
- Retirement plan- 403b with discretionary employer contribution
- Tuition, License and Certification Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Optional voluntary insurance for short-term and long-term disability
Recovery Network of Programs, Inc.
2 Trap Falls Rd. Suite 405, Shelton, CT 06484
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.