As the Assistant Technical Designer, you will be responsible for assisting the Technical Designer Manager with preparing samples from vendors in order to execute the technical fitting process. Apparel categories include wovens, knits, pants, blazers and outerwear for men’s, women’s, and boys. This position will work closely with the Technical Team, members of the Apparel Development and Merchandising Team as well as our factories and vendors overseas. The ideal candidate must have an entrepreneurial spirit with a passion for apparel business and the ability to work effectively as a team player.
- Accurately measure incoming garments against vendor supplied measurements.
- Track all fit samples and approval samples to ensure calendar deadlines are met.
- Reserve and coordinate model fit times and set up cross functional fittings.
- Assist Technical Designer Manager in fit process by preparing samples, taking notes, and pictures.
- Maintain Fit Log and tech packs under the direction of the Technical Designer Manager.
- Work toward generating detailed sketch and tech packs. Communicate to factories in various methods i.e. pattern correction, digital photos, technical sketches, technical notes and garment construction.
- Communicate with overseas and internal partners daily.
- Assist the Apparel Product Development team with other projects and special requests as needed.
- 3-5 years of technical design experience; internship or full-time
- College degree in technical design, fashion design or equivalent experience in related area
- Proficient in PC applications including MS Excel
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Understanding of garment manufacturing and garment grading required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and problem solving skills