Data Center Assistant Project Manager
KGO is an independent project management firm that has been a leader in the commercial real estate management field for over a decade. We are a young, dynamic, and growing firm looking for new team members who love what they do and want to grow with us. Our services include Project/Construction Management, Change Management & Strategy, Relocation Management, and Development Support Services. Come join us!
KGO has been engaged to provide comprehensive project management to build data centers in Latin America. Project management will be performed primarily from the U.S. but will require travel (approximately 50%) to the project location. The candidate will have experience in managing data centers or other mission-critical facilities. Must be fluent in Spanish and English, ideally have experience working in Latin America, and have proven ability to quickly understand local culture as it impacts project management. Ideally, this candidate is in the southwestern United States with easy access to a major airport, but this is not required.
Adherence to the project schedule is critical. As the projects require significant amounts of critical equipment (mechanical and electrical components for example) which will be imported into the country where the project is located. The ability to understand, track, and expertly manage supply chain issues will be imperative.
Project management of data centers will include base building, and all interior MEP systems to deliver a "server-ready" facility.
- Assist the PM in taking notes, maintaining meeting minutes and action agendas, and making schedule and budget amendments.
- Supports PM with responsibility for scope compliance, risk management, and strict adherence to schedule.
- Helps supervise on-site construction manager, scheduling consultant, and budget/estimating consultant.
- Ensures that PM has information so that owner, project, and executive team are constantly informed of project status.
- Helps manage the general contractor and other key contractors,
- Helps to ensure compliance with client specifications and design guidelines.
- Supports PM in coordinating with owner-selected design/engineering team.
- Provides supporting oversight and review of project schedules
Required Experience and Skills
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or a construction/design-related discipline is required.
- At least 3 years experience in supporting PM. Experience with data centers or other types of mission-critical facilities is a plus
- Ideally, some experience in evaluating, and interpreting Primavera P-6 scheduling software outputs (note-a separate scheduler will be engaged to create schedules based on SPM's close guidance).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to provide succinct project updates in English. Strong communication skills with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Ability to produce draft executive briefing reports and status summaries.
- Proven ability to manage effectively in fast-paced environments, where meeting deadlines is paramount.
- Ability to stay calm in high-pressure situations.
- Must be flexible and able to work independently without constant supervision.
- Willingness to travel and stay in the host city of the project periodically
Job Posted by ApplicantPro