Virginia Tourism Corporation is seeking an Assistant Manager for its Virginia Welcome Center at New Kent. The center is open 7 days per week from 8:30am to 5:00pm. This individual will provide comprehensive travel information and assistance to the traveling public; assume full responsibility for the operation of the Welcome Center in absence of manager; assist manager with daily operations; manage brochure distribution program; review new brochures, news and event releases and feature articles; and perform general office duties.
- A strong knowledge of Virginia’s travel product, roads and highway system and travel industry experience is preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively interact with staff and co-workers, tourism industry, local and state government officials and public at large
- Instill an environment that cultivates superior customer services
- Must be able to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Must exercise sound judgement in decision making
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel, is a plus
- Work schedule flexibility is a must, as holiday and weekend work is required
- Must have physical ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- High school diploma required
- 3+ years relevant experience, with experience in the hospitality industry preferred
All candidates must apply through our website https://www.vatc.org/administration/employment/. A valid driver’s license is required. Salary Minimum: $37,000. Application deadline: March 24, 2023.
VTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or against otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities. It is VTC’s intent that its employment and personnel policies and practices conform to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding non-discrimination and affirmative action. Applicants requiring more information or requiring assistance may contact VEDP Human Resources at 1-804-545-5634 or vtchr@VEDP.org. TDD 1-800-828-1120.