It is the primary responsibility of the Retail Assistant Buyer to assist the Retail Buyer, Product Development Manager, and Senior Buyer with the buying process of retail merchandise for a specific product and/or MGM Resorts International property. All duties are to be performed in accordance with the department and MGM Resorts International policies, practices and procedures.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Assists the Retail Buyer, Product Development Manager, and Senior Buyer in selecting merchandise, placing orders, and distributing inventory for an assigned area of responsibility; may travel to local and/or out-of-state properties to assist with buying decisions as needed
- Manages the reorder process to ensure the consistent flow of product; evaluates on-hand inventory and determine appropriate par levels for the set-up of SKUs (styles) on auto replenishment.
- Oversees for purchase order maintenance, including but not limited to, order confirmation, ticketing requests, and order modifications.
- Assists with open-to-buy (OTB) process by monitoring stock levels through stock balancing of product across stores and properties.
- Oversees the tracking all deliveries to ensure the consistent flow of goods; coordinates with the Retail Distribution Center and property warehouses on any inbound or outbound retail shipments and /or any vendor compliance issues.
- Negotiates with vendors on pricing as it relates to late delivery, over-shipments, style substitutions and invoice matching.
- Approves and processes all price changes
- Responsible for planning all product presentations.
- Manages the maintenance of the digital database of all artwork.
- Coordinates with Retail Accounting and vendors on all returns (RTV’s), credits and payment of invoices
- Assists Retail Buyer, Product Development Manager, and Senior Buyer on vendor set up and compliance, along with vendor updates.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in Retail Buying, Retail Operations, or related field
- Associates Degree in Retail, Merchandising or related field, or equivalent education and experience
- Retail Store Operations experience within the hospitality, casino, and resort industry
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both oral and written forms.
- Must have excellent communication skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Professional appearance and positive demeanor.
- Must have knowledge of retail math that includes but is not limited to gross margin (GM), turn, weeks of supply (WOS) and sell-through percent.
- Proficient in Outlook, Outlook Communicator, Word, Power Point, with an emphasis in Excel. Epicor Retail System preferred.
- Position activities may vary but must be flexible and capable of multi-tasking.
- Display organizational skills to function effectively with attention to detail to meet established deadlines.
Las Vegas, Nevada