Our National IT Services department supports every part of our organization - from Finance and Project Management to Logistics, Operations, Warehouse and more. Our team of IT managers, analysts, specialists and service desk technicians drive innovation and lend their expertise to our people across the entire company, building careers that are both challenging and rewarding.
As an Applications Specialist, you will be a member of the Store Payments team supporting store payments solutions, including electronic payment terminals, related software deployments, and new payment technologies. The ideal candidate for this role will need to have experience with electronic payments within a multilane retail environment, will be a strong communicator and have great organization skills. In this role, you will work with internal customers to provide support and technical expertise for the current solutions and engage in requirements gathering for any new requests. The primary focus of this role will be on implementing new electronic payments hardware, identifying, and working with business partners to deliver value-add software solutions, and maintaining existing electronic payments hardware and software. ALDI is looking for someone willing to work in a team setting, bringing positive energy, and looking for career advancement. ALDI encourages employee growth and development, as this is a key component to our working culture. Come grow your career with us!
Position Type: Full-Time
Work Location: Aurora, IL
This role is eligible to participate in ALDI's Hybrid Work Program, which allows remote work up to 3 days per week (i.e., work remotely up to 3 days per week; work in-office at least 2 days per week).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must be able to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Resolves incidents and requests in a timely manner; documents work and resolution steps within service management tool.
• Escalates incidents and requests to appropriate internal personnel or external vendors when further expertise is required.
• Participates in the overall Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) service management processes for software and hardware solutions.
• Assists or coordinates with national and international project delivery, including documentation, testing, training, and deployment for software or hardware solutions.
• Adheres to standards, policies, and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Collaborates with team members and communicates relevant information to direct leader.
• Upholds the security and confidentiality of documents and data within area of responsibility.
• Other duties as assigned.
ALDI Acts Competencies:
Perform within ALDI Acts competencies as outlined below.
• Collaborates and Cooperates with Team: Commits to and supports a collaborative and high-performing working environment with peers and managers.
• Drives for Success: Seizes opportunities and proactively takes concrete actions to complete tasks. Goes the "extra mile" and persistently overcomes obstacles to improve outputs.
• Focuses on the Customer: Seeks to understand underlying customer needs to create value. Drives the team to maintain focus on customers.
• Plans and Prioritizes: Sets priorities and organizes information in order to efficiently and effectively achieve positive results.
• Thinks Critically and Resolves Problems: Responds to emerging problems in an accurate and timely manner. Where possible, leverages available resources to address situations before they occur.
• Gives attention to detail and follows instruction.
• Ability to stay organized and multi-task efficiently.
• Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
• Establishes goals and works toward achievement.
• Effective time management; maximizes productivity.
• Ability to interpret and apply company policies and procedures.
• Ability to understand overall data flow from user specifications considering all input and output, hardware, software and the operating environment.
• Proficient with office productivity software.
• Develops and maintains positive relationships with internal and external parties.
• Prepares written materials to meet purpose audience.
• Ability to define specifications from user requirements.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree or a combination of education and experience providing equivalent knowledge required.
• Knowledge of multilane retail electronic payments system usage and hardware.
• Familiarity with AGILE testing methodology and best practices.
• Familiarity with ServiceNow incident management.
• Exposure to JIRA product lifecycle management a plus
• Work is performed in an office environment where a computer, telephone and other office equipment are used as needed to perform duties.
• Regularly required to sit, reach, grasp, stand and move from one area to another.
• Constantly and repeatedly use keyboard/mouse.
• Occasionally required to push, pull, bend, lift and move up to 25 lbs.
• International & Domestic travel required.
• Up to 10%.